Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

whats the best 50-60 $ router for file sharing on home server!!!

This is a discussion on whats the best 50-60 $ router for file sharing on home server!!! within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. yes and hello to all of my fellow techs. as per subject line u see right now the most i

Closed Thread

Old 10-19-2016, 09:16 PM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

yes and hello to all of my fellow techs. as per subject line u see right now the most i am gettiing out of my router is 2-2.5 MBps ( i know there is difference between capital B and little b) which is okay for right now but i am wanting to get at least 12-20 MBps i have got my eye on his one but i cant seem to find any reviews on it it is the Asus RT-AC53U i can find a review on the 52 and 56 models but none on the 53 model. so what do u guys think will i be able o achieve this data transfer rate of at leas 12-20 MBps with this model. Also the reason why i am wanting to upgrade my router is because one of my pc's backup took about 6-7 hours that was just one backup and i had 3 to do in total.
THANKS IN ADVANCE
RUBEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-19-2016, 10:52 PM   #2
Troubled

Ooo! I got this one. EASY question.

Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Broadband Router 802.11b/g up to 54Mbps-Newegg.com

Linksys WRT54GL
Old 10-20-2016, 07:20 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Quote:
Originally Posted by Walter Mitty View Post
Ooo! I got this one. EASY question.

Linksys WRT54GL Wireless Broadband Router 802.11b/g up to 54Mbps-Newegg.com

Linksys WRT54GL
You are joking right LOL i already said i have one that is giving me 2-2.5 MBps and u go and suggest a 54 Mbps little b one . No I dont think that is what im looking for,thanks though
RUBEN
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-20-2016, 09:40 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Data transfer across a network is based on the ENTIRE network speed, not just the "router". I will also add that data throughput speeds and "backup" speeds are not always the same. "Backups" are generally slower as the software is doing a lot more than simply copying data.

You can benchmark the server (copy data to and from) or just run a simple internet speed test (like you would to test your internet speed from any other PC/connection) to verify the speed to the server.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search