Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Wall Ethernet disconnecting from time to time

This is a discussion on Wall Ethernet disconnecting from time to time within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For the past 6 months I have been dealing with my Wall in ethernet suddenly disconnecting on me at LEAST

Closed Thread

Old 05-13-2016, 11:51 PM   #1
Registered Member

For the past 6 months I have been dealing with my Wall in ethernet suddenly disconnecting on me at LEAST once every 24 hours and going out for 1-2 hours before coming back, when it goes offline I usually plug in my wireless adapter but sometimes that goes off as well for reasons I do not know; before my wireless adapter never went out but only after i started using it after my ethernet fails it stops working.

Would really appreciate help on how I could fix this.
model number for my wall ethernet is : tpl-406e
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 07:25 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

Powerline adaptors can be unstable . . can you connect a pc directly to the modem/Router to see if the disconnects still happen?

Old 05-14-2016, 02:26 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks!, and no I've never tried since my router is quite far from my room
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-14-2016, 03:31 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

Does the wireless adaptor work now?

Old 05-14-2016, 04:21 PM   #5
Registered Member

yup, but sometimes it disconnects as well usually around night time
when it does, it says its still connected to the internet but nothing comes through
Old 05-14-2016, 04:37 PM   #6
TSF Team, Emeritus

Sounds like either router or modem problems . . what is the brand and model of the modem and router?

Old 05-14-2016, 05:02 PM   #7
Registered Member

ActionTec, T1200H I don't think its related to my router because everytime i experience these problems no one else does; Internet on my phone works fine so as does everyone elses computer/mobiles
Old 05-14-2016, 05:28 PM   #8
TSF Team, Emeritus

Lets check the wireless connection . .

then please Download and run this Xirrus WiFi Inspector, click the Networks link on the upper left and paste a screen shot of that screen here. Note that this application requires NET Framework to run. If you get an error about a missing function, download and install NET Framework.

To post a screen shot of the active window, hold the Alt key and press the PrtScn key. Open the Windows PAINT application and Paste the screen shot. You can then use PAINT to trim to suit, and save it as a JPG format file. To upload it to the forum, open the full reply window and use the Manage Attachments button to upload it here. For Vista and Windows 7, 8 you can use the Windows Snipping Tool

Closed Thread