Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Telephone wall jack connection with "Green" telephone line to the system modem

This is a discussion on Telephone wall jack connection with "Green" telephone line to the system modem within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have Dish provide DSL internet service. I need to move my computer to another room due to renovations, and

Closed Thread

Old 08-29-2017, 04:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have Dish provide DSL internet service. I need to move my computer to another room due to renovations, and the "Green" telephone line connecting the modem to the telephone wall jack is not long enough to reach the other room. I believe the green line is a CAT 3 with RJ11 telephone connectors. A regular telephone line does not work and the DSL will not connect. Please verify that a longer " Green " or equivalent cord is required. Dish Tech support insisted that a regular Wal Mart telephone cord should work. Personal experience prove otherwise.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-30-2017, 07:28 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Dish does not provide DSL, so they're not going to be able to help much if at all. They resell or bundle service from your local telephone company. There may even be anther reseller in between, but the final physical connection comes from your local telephone company (TelCo).

DSL simply rides on to of your basic telephone wires from the pole. If you have another telephone jack in the other room, you should be able to plug this 'green' cable into it if you want to move the modem, though you may not have to.

Post pictures of the wall jack, 'green' cable and the front and back of the modem and we may be able to go from there.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
PC Infected Please help.
My pc is heavily infected with malware. Last time I had got a lot of help from this forum. I dont know the procedure so guide me. Thanks
Dsoumil Resolved HJT Threads 13 05-27-2014 06:57 AM
BSoD in 10 minutes after startup
Have recently bought a new computer and built it from scratch. I've been having problems with blue screen in the first ten minutes after I cold start it but after that the computer usually works without problem until the next day. I have been running memtest a few times and it havn't found any...
Serpentario BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 28 11-14-2012 11:09 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD 0x9f Vista Home Basic
I am working on my gfs computer trying to get rid of getting a BSOD on a near daily basis. I tried to attach the files requested as one zip but it was too large. OS: Vista x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32bit What was original installed OS on system? Vista Home Basic SP 1 Is the OS an OEM version?...
lius69 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 08-18-2011 12:25 PM
BSOD, atikmpag.sys
Hi! Since I installed Win7 on my new computersystem, i get these BSOD every first time on a day i start my computer. first some specs OS - Windows 7 Ultimate x86 Windows 7 Ultimate OEM 1/2 year
emddummi BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-06-2011 02:55 AM