Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Streaming videos causing Shaw modem from 4 solid green lights to 2 lights

This is a discussion on Streaming videos causing Shaw modem from 4 solid green lights to 2 lights within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Just recently these past few days this has been happening to me. I don't know whether it is Shaw Internet

Closed Thread

Old 04-18-2016, 07:22 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

Just recently these past few days this has been happening to me.

I don't know whether it is Shaw Internet service problem, Shaw Modem or Linksys Router problem ?

Streaming videos using my Linksys router is causing Shaw modem changing from 4 solid green lights to green 2 lights.

After that happens wired internet and wireless internet doesn't work any more from my router.

Is that caused by my Linksys_WRT54G router ?

Cause I understand usually when my Shaw modem is normal it has 4 solid green dots.

I have to reset my modem each time to get 4 solid green lights on my Shaw modem and reset my router by turning power off and on to both before my internet will work again wired or wireless.

Thanks

Zhong
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2016, 08:56 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

My System

Send a message via ICQ to ebackhus Send a message via AIM to ebackhus Send a message via MSN to ebackhus Send a message via Yahoo to ebackhus Send a message via Skype™ to ebackhus

What are the 4 lights for? Usually you'll see power, link, ethernet and wifi. It can vary a bit from device to device. Shoot, my modem has about 15 lights on it!
Old 04-18-2016, 09:34 AM   #3
Moderator, Editor, Articles Team

My System

Its not about how many lights you've got, its what you can do with them!

Sorry

Submit New Articles Here

Help us to help you by posting your System Specs
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-29-2016, 06:23 PM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

Shaw tech. Came and replaced modem. No more problem.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search