Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Some Questions About My DSL Modem And Router Setup?

This is a discussion on Some Questions About My DSL Modem And Router Setup? within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi there I was wondering if my Modem/Router Setup would work with port forwarding and QoS because other users are

Closed Thread

Old 11-17-2017, 09:40 PM   #1
Registered Member

Question

Hi there I was wondering if my Modem/Router Setup would work with port forwarding and QoS because other users are having problems with a similar setup? I was also wondering if my setup is secure and safe from network attacks? I have DSL so I am using a Siemens Speedstream 6520 Modem/Router as a Modem and a D-Link Router as a Router of course I have disabled DHCP and wireless settings on my Modem and set a custom IP. For the router I have PPPoE setup and working And I am still able to connect to my Modem thx to the two Ethernet cables coming from the modem to the Router. I have also made sure that I am not logged in my PPPoE on my Modem. And BTW I have been seeing some of my devices connected to my Modem I don't know if this would cause any problems or not with QoS on my Router. So do you guys think Port Forwarding and QoS will work with this setup? And am I safe using the old 6520 as my Modem is there any back doors I should know about? I Totally Appreciate The Help Thanks! - djcjf
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 07:38 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

QoS and port forwarding a controlled by the router. So assuming those options are available in the router that you are using, they should work.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How to configure Router to allow access to external Modem GUI while network online
Hi everybody, I have an issue with a Linksys router and a Draytek VDSL modem in so far as once initially configured (direct Ethernet to the PC) I can no longer access the Modem GUI (192.168.2.1) once the network is up. There is no problem with the Router access (192.168.1.1) which remains...
pcpilot Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 08-26-2017 04:16 AM
How to use Wireless Router with DSL Broad Band Modem for Wireless Internet at Home?
I've recently got DSL broadband internet at home. DSL connection is provided through a coaxial cable with 75 Ohms BNC connector, but I have the limitaion to use internet with the cable. Now I have a Dynalink RTA1025W, ADSL 2+, G-series Rev2 wireless router available that I want to use for wirless...
AmirDar Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 2 01-06-2012 01:35 AM
Adding wirless Vlan router to dsl modem
hi, i was asked by a person to up grade his network currently he owns a small building with 5 offices and one user in each office currently he has his wirless del 8 mb internet connection suppling the 5 seperet offices / buissness it was brought to his atention about a security reisk...
brian20 Networking Support 4 12-04-2011 04:21 AM