Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Solving Rubbish VM Wifi

This is a discussion on Solving Rubbish VM Wifi within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all Virgin Media supply my internet and I get great speeds, however their "super"hub has absolutely awful wifi. It's

Closed Thread

Old 01-25-2019, 03:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all

Virgin Media supply my internet and I get great speeds, however their "super"hub has absolutely awful wifi. It's fine when I'm in the same room, but it's poor upstairs and I usually have to use my phone as a wifi bridge for it to work. As I usually game up there, it's starting to get on my nerves a bit.

My friends who are on Virgin also have this problem, and looking at the VM forums I think it is a wider issue. I'm thinking about putting the superhub into modem mode and buying a router to plug in and hopefully this will give me better wifi coverage.

I wanted to see if this was a reasonable idea and if anyone had any recommendations? There's only two of us in the house and the max load is gonna be gaming and Netflix. I'd hope to keep costs fairly low (£30ish) but could go higher if it would make a difference.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-25-2019, 04:34 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

You might consider an extender.

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] 'Limited' WiFi and ethernet connectivity: need help isolating the cause
Hi: Iíve recently bought a Dell XPS 15 thatís running Windows 8.1 and has an Intel 7620 wireless card. Iíve got a problem connecting to my home WiFi. Iím also having problems getting a wired (ethernet) connection. At the moment, I think the problem is my router or internet service, but the...
chickentrain Networking Support 15 12-23-2014 12:35 AM
[SOLVED] BSOD NETWLV32.sys
BSOD netwlv32.sys Hi all, I have been getting BSOD every time i try to connect to some Wireless network and everything is fine with others. HP pavilion dv900 Notebook pc Home premium Windows Vista 32bit. I updated the driver but nothing happened. also uninstall norton antivirus and used...
immigranta BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 30 07-20-2013 08:12 PM
laptop doesn't connect to home wifi but works elsewhere
Hello, I have a peculiar issue with wifi connection to my home network. Here are the details: I have a work laptop (Sony VAIO with Atheros AR9285 wifi chip) that is having trouble connecting to my home network. When I find my home network in the list of available networks and click on...
rat478 Networking Support 3 10-14-2012 06:45 AM
external adapter can connect to wifi but laptop can't
Hi supporters, I've been having a problem with my wifi for a month or so. I used to connect well to my wifi, but then one day my laptop just can't connect to it anymore. It says "windows was unable to connect to..." or something similar to that. But what's strange is, I have an external wifi...
darklordnd Networking Support 4 05-04-2012 07:17 AM
Laptop wifi, have to keep reseating card?!?!
I had to send my HPg61 laptop in to check out a heat issue a few months ago. When it came back, I got a headphone jack issue (now resolved) and a Wi-Fi problem - I used to have great wifi from my bedroom to my parent's study which is where the modem is, even when I did have the heat issue, but...
Ruki Networking Support 1 07-27-2011 01:45 PM