Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Secondary Router Setup No Internet Connection

This is a discussion on Secondary Router Setup No Internet Connection within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all I'm trying to setup a secondary router but am having major issues. My setup is I have a

Closed Thread

Old 07-11-2016, 07:57 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi all

I'm trying to setup a secondary router but am having major issues.

My setup is I have a primary router which is working and connected to my ISP and has full network / internet access.

No I'm trying to setup a secondary router (DD-WRT). I hve plugged the WAN port of secondary router into one of my primary routers LAN ports.

I have applied the following settings to the secondary router:

WAN Connection:

Static IP
WAN IP 192.168.1.111
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 192.168.1.1 (primary routers IP)

Router IP
Local IP 192.168.2.1
Subnet 255.255.255.0
Gateway 0.0.0.0

DCHP server is on for both routers.

On the seondary router I have also changed it from a Gateway device to a router (which basically disables the NAT I believe).

I can access the routers settings on 192.168.2.1 but there is no internet connection at all. I cannot even ping the primary router from the secondary router.

Am I missing something really basic?? Anyway to get logs to see what is happening??

Thank you in advance.

Andy
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-12-2016, 01:52 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Send a message via MSN to jimscreechy

I think there is already s sticky on this... perhaps this link Connecting Additional Routers - Tech Support Forum
Old 07-13-2016, 08:48 PM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

"Gateway 0.0.0.0"

Usually there is no gateway entry in the lan side of the SOHO router. That is because 2.1 is the gateway.

Review your settings would be my suggestion
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Wireless Router Connecting Issue
Hi! I need help here regarding connecting to wifi router connection. After providing the correct security key for network I'm still not able to connect to the wi-fi. I'm using windows 7 sp1. No antivirus is installed. Windows firewall is in off condition. I use windows troubleshooting...
lionhawk Networking Support 3 04-23-2013 09:24 AM
Trouble with EA-N66
I'm having a lot of trouble with the Asus EA-N66 ethernet adapter. I can't seem to get it to maintain its internet connection through my router without having to setup a network connection after every reboot of my computer. Often times the connection between the adapter and router will be perfectly...
JRizal Networking Support 18 11-16-2012 10:18 AM
Probable rootkit virus
Hi there,I have followed the instructions for initial posting and my biggest issue is 'website cannot be displayed' messages when going to various websites (i.e., Outlook mail webpages always work, Google search result pages rarely do, youtube links never works). I have attached the DDS.txt and...
Rivenspur Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 55 06-19-2012 02:26 PM
Viruses/Malware...google redirect/ad background/etc
Got a few problems on my hands and hope it is not beyond repairable, reformat. I have the google redirect that is happening, also have a talking ad background that I do not know where it comes from. All browsers are closed and it still comes up. Also, I get a bubble pop sound all the time,...
uofmx12 Inactive Malware Help Topics 8 02-10-2011 10:24 PM