Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Roku signal strength is weak in one room

This is a discussion on Roku signal strength is weak in one room within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a ROKU installed on one my televisions in a room in my house. The signal strength to my

Old 12-15-2019, 08:24 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a ROKU installed on one my televisions in a room in my house. The signal strength to my modem which is in another room in my house is very weak when accessing ROKU on this particular television and it takes a long time for ROKU to kick in when accessing it. How can I strengthen the signal to my modem from this particular room with this weak signal?
Techcompuser is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-15-2019, 03:37 PM   #2
Game Team Tech

which one are you using as there are various roku's?
Old 12-18-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

First and foremost, the Roku is using your home network. The Roku is not broadcasting a signal, thus you can NOT strengthen the signal.

Also, as you reference "signal", I assume that you are using wifi and not ethernet (ie: a wired connection). So the wifi "signal" is from your router, or modem/router combo unit if you only have a signal device providing your internet service.

All of that was just to educate you a bit on the terms used.

The Roku model, as requested above, would be beneficial, as well as the router (or modem/router combo) brand and model.

If it's only affecting one room, I'd say interference is the issue or assuming this unit is the furthest away from the router, a distance issue. The best solution is to connect the Roku using ethernet (assuming that model supports it). Aside from that, a new router (with more power/distance), and wifi extenders.

JimE is offline   Reply With Quote