Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Pantech uml290 to a router

This is a discussion on Pantech uml290 to a router within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Trying to connect my uml290 to a new Afoundry ew 750. Cant seem to get it to work. Not sure

Closed Thread

Old 11-14-2016, 12:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

Trying to connect my uml290 to a new Afoundry ew 750. Cant seem to get it to work. Not sure of the correct settings.

Thanks for your help.

lhops
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-16-2016, 10:11 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

I can't find any images or specs to see which ports are available on the UML290. Bur from what I can see, it connects directly to a PC. I don't know that you can connect it to a router.

Old 11-17-2016, 11:42 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you Jim for your reply. Let me give you some of my reasons for wanting to use the high speed router. I have been with Verizon for a few years now because we do not have cable in our area. Well the other day I saw them running fiber optics cable in your neighborhood. That led me to start getting ready with the equipment for that big move. But right now I have the UML290 connected to a Cradlepoint router and it is working fine. So I thought I would try the new high speed Afoundry EW750 out using the Pantect device. Well I have not been able to get to work. The UML290 is a USB device and the EW750 has a USB connector and an Ethernet as well. The Ethernet is marked with WAN input and I have tried a USB to Ethernet adapter with no luck. So there you are. Just hoping some one had some info.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 11-18-2016, 04:48 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

Is the Cradlepoint router specific to that type of hardware? I've seen routers that accept/connect to those types of wireless "modems" and they have a special port to which they connect.

The typical router WAN port is an ethernet port, which that modem doesn't have, and you can't use a simple USB to ethernet converter. The USB port on a typical router is used for connecting data storage or a printer only.

Old 11-18-2016, 08:27 AM   #5
Registered Member

Yes the CradlePoint does have the UML290 on its list. It just has two ports UBS and Ethernet. Of course I an using the USB. But I did contact Afoundry and they said the ew750 was compatible and sent the setting but no luck. Their support group is in China and it takes awhile to get them to answer. So I was hoping someone may have tried using the UML290 with any other high speed router.

Leon
Closed Thread