Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

No Internet or Router Login Access After R7000 Router Reset

This is a discussion on No Internet or Router Login Access After R7000 Router Reset within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, hoping someone can help me! 'm not quite sure exactly what happened, but I ended up having to factory

Closed Thread

Old 02-13-2016, 03:06 PM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

Hello, hoping someone can help me!

'm not quite sure exactly what happened, but I ended up having to factory reset my Nighthawk R7000 router, and now I can't access the internet or the Router Login page by typing in the router IPs in my browser.
It all started after someone in my house accidentally turned off the power strip in which I had my modem, router, and first computer plugged in. After everything powered back on, I was having trouble accessing the 2.4ghz band on my network. It kept telling me my password was wrong, but it wasn't. I logged into my router settings and double checked my passwords, and they were indeed what I thought they were. But, I ended up changing the passwords for both the 2.4 and 5ghz bands also updated my router's firmware. After I tried to change the passwords, the page was loading very slowing, and I got disconnected. Then I finally got back on, tried to get into my login page again, but the password wasn't working, so it said I had to reset my router. I pushed in the reset button for about 10 seconds and let it reset. After that, I had no internet access. I tried to go the router login page again, and that's when it said the webpage wasn't available. That's also when I saw that my networks were not showing up in my SSID list.
I tried resetting again, even unplugging everything, including my modem and cables. Plugged it all back in, etc, and still nothing works. I also went to ipconfig on my desktop and noticed it said "media disconnected" to the right of "Media state" under Ethernet adapter Local Area Connection. Thinking that might have meant I didn't reconnect a cable somewhere, I checked them again, and they're all plugged in. The router, modem, and all cables are only about a year old. The only thing old is the desktop that they are connected to. (and that desktop has a broken power button, so I can't even reboot it).
The modem is working and all correct lights are on. The router is working with solid white lights and one orange light where the ethernet cable connects from the router (in plug #1) into my old computer (that I can't power on).
Anyone know what I'm missing? Did I forget a step or do something in the wrong sequence? Since it's hooked up to an old PC that I can't power on anymore, could that be the issue? I just don't know enough about networking to figure this out myself.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-13-2016, 03:41 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Can you connect a working pc to the router using an Ethernet cable to see if you have internet access?

To properly power cycle, turn off ( or unplug ) the modem, the router and all pc's . . then turn on the Modem and wait for all the lights to stabilize ( usually less than 5 mns ) then turn on the Router, then one pc to see if you have internet

Old 02-13-2016, 03:44 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks, i'll try that first.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-14-2016, 01:13 PM   #4
Registered Member

OK, I disconnected everything my older desktop and connect my modem and router directly to my newer desktop, and everything's working now. I've got internet access and can now acccess my router login page. I can also connect my laptops, phone, and tablets via wifi, so looks like I'm all set.

Thank you for the help, it's much appreciated!!!
Old 02-14-2016, 01:19 PM   #5
TSF Team, Emeritus

Great . . thanks for posting back!

Closed Thread