Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

No internet for my modem

This is a discussion on No internet for my modem within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So I just had suddenlink hooked up today and everything seemed to work fine up until about an hour after

Closed Thread

Old 09-24-2016, 06:13 PM   #1
Registered Member

So I just had suddenlink hooked up today and everything seemed to work fine up until about an hour after the technician left when it started disconnecting all too frequently (I had to power cycle every few minutes), then after a bit it just stopped connecting altogether. They set me up with an arris dg1670 and all relevant lights are on except the online light.

I already called support and they're sending a technician back out to look at it on Tuesday, I just hoped somebody else might have an answer for me so I could get this fixed a little sooner.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-25-2016, 01:35 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

check the connection from modem to wall outlet
Old 09-25-2016, 04:57 PM   #3
Registered Member

Everything's properly connected, coaxial's clean and screwed in all the way and both ends of the power cord are resting firmly in their sockets.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-26-2016, 11:55 AM   #4
Networking Team |Tech

Hi there,

Could be a line issue. I was going to suggest contacting your ISP and having them test the line but since they'll be a tech out there tomorrow, might as well wait for the tech.

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell is running SO SLOW
Hi, I know next to nothing about most of what I'm finding on this site, but the step-by-steps are helpful! My Dell Insprion 1525 is running so slow, I can barely even run internal scans to find out what's wrong. It just took over 90 minutes to run my "Windows Experience Index." iTunes is no...
rebel150 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-05-2012 09:28 AM
search netsite virus
I am having trouble with the browser redirect virus. When I click a website on the google search page it takes me to search netsite webpage. If I paste that url directly there is no issue. Tried all anti virus, malware, spyware, combifix and so on.. nothing works pls help
amy123a Inactive Malware Help Topics 25 03-20-2012 10:58 PM
Internet Explorer & Dr.Watson has encountered...
Hello, I can't open most of my folders without my computer freezing up and my computer telling me that "Internet Explorer has encountered a problem and needs to close" and "Dr. Watson Postmortem Debugger has encountered a problem and needs to close". Now, I've been using Google...
JCVerkler Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 3 11-18-2011 12:27 PM
Computer Virus/Trojan Problems
Amateur. First may I thank you for responding to my request for help. I have compiled the following List of Problems that I am aware of on my computer. Windows is being stopped from updating. Trend Micro is being stopped from updating.
Jack Willday Inactive Malware Help Topics 65 07-13-2011 12:57 AM
Virus de-activated firewall and internet connection
Hi, my name is Steve and I have a problem that seems pretty common with other posts. I have tried a few basic options posted elsewhere but here I am. I turn on my computer and after the welcome screen my desktop background loads but it takes about 10 minutes for the icons and everything else to...
Sharewealth Resolved HJT Threads 20 03-14-2011 07:19 AM