Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Netgear AC5300 x8 Router

This is a discussion on Netgear AC5300 x8 Router within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I just got this in today did the setup was working perfectly until I stupidly went to browse through the

Closed Thread

Old 11-29-2016, 08:26 PM   #1
Registered Member

I just got this in today did the setup was working perfectly until I stupidly went to browse through the settings in routers browser. I do not recall changing anything just simply hit test am boom it goes through its reset period but on the other side of it the router will not recover he power light stays amber and it will not factory reset. It will about every 3 to 5 minutes turn all the lights white including the power light Andy then it will go back to amber I have as I said above attempted factory rest and just letting it sit for 10 to 15 with no power cables unplugged and still nothing.

Any ideas?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-02-2016, 02:37 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Networking Team |Tech

OS: Windows 10 Pro, Linux, Windows 7 Pro. Work systems - W2K, XP, Win7, RHEL, Solaris.

My System

Sounds like the router is bad, I would return / replace.

CompTIA - A+, Security+
"There are two types of hard drives. A drive that has failed, and one that will.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Trying to turn one router into a bridge
I'm hoping there is a straight forward enough answer to this. I need to use two routers to get internet connection in my house. The guy who set it up could see I was connected to the internet fine, so didn't bother changing my second router to a bridge, as it was the router I used to use in my...
BecBennett Networking Support 12 11-29-2015 04:34 AM
[SOLVED] Wireless Problems - Netgear N150 ADSL2 Router
Hi All, I have a quick question regarding my router. I recently signed up for a broadband package from Orange. They have sent me a Netgear N150 ADSL2 router which I have hooked up in my home with a secure connection. Only my partner & I use the internet, both wirelessly & both our laptops...
Rusty13 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 28 08-09-2012 03:53 AM
Windows 7 or NETGEAR Router?
I'm new here and need some help. The wireless network connection for my main computer was working fine before until I started updating the firmware on my router. In the middle of it updating I canceled the update to memorize the settings for the router and all of a sudden the connection stopped...
Stratstrut Networking Support 1 05-14-2011 03:29 AM