Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

NB304N - ADSL2+ Wireless Modem

This is a discussion on NB304N - ADSL2+ Wireless Modem within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey y'all, I've had this modem for years now. I have been experiencing all sorts of issues like drop outs,

Closed Thread

Old 06-10-2016, 09:51 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hey y'all,

I've had this modem for years now. I have been experiencing all sorts of issues like drop outs, IP conflict, etc.

Let me start with the Ip conflict which started like a month ago? It didn't use to happen when we got our internet connected until something changed? I called the ISP company a week ago and tried to resolve the issue unfortunately it is still the same. Eventually the technician guy came out fiddled around cutting wires, etc, two days ago. After he left, I reset the modem and added a new SSID (jungle2). However, it was strange to see our old SSID (jungle1) showing on the wireless network connection? So it was showing both SSID (jungle1 and jungle2)? BTW, I only use my wireless on my laptop for internet so no PC Desktop. I thought it was a coincident until I reset the modem again to test it and changed it to default (Netcomm Wireless 2). What do you know it was showing the recent previous SSID I created (jungle2)?

I don't know what's going here but it is starting to frustrate me. Today, I found only jungle3 SSID so the default was no longer showing? Weird huh. But there was also a SSID (5555) which have a yellow shield with a apostrophe symbol on top on the signal strenght? This is the first time seeing a SSID network showing that particular symbol? It look like the symbol used for window updates install?

Should I be concerned?

P.S the problem still exist for Ip conflict and drop outs
I tried the ipconfig /release, etc, only getting "no operation"

Please help me, thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-11-2016, 04:37 AM   #2
Moderator - Networking

Hi mate.

The yellow shield means that it's an unsecured network, and you shouldn't use it. The IP conflict is most likely caused by adding a static address somewhere on your network and not removing it from the DHCP scope.

Can you show me the wireless configuration page of your router?

Port Forwarding Problems? Start Here
Old 07-19-2016, 09:12 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks guys, I found out the drop out is caused by my previous ISP so I changed it to a new one. Had no internet for a month. Happy so far with a more reliable ISP.

Case closed.
Closed Thread