Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

MG7550 Upstream Bonded Channels

This is a discussion on MG7550 Upstream Bonded Channels within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a Motorola MG7550 cable modem. this is a 16x4 modem. When first booted the US (upstream) arrow light

Old 05-04-2020, 11:31 AM   #1
Registered Member

I have a Motorola MG7550 cable modem. this is a 16x4 modem. When first booted the US (upstream) arrow light is blue, which indicates 2 or more of the 4 US bonded connections are in use. After a while (intermittently) the light changes to GREEN which means only 1 upstream connection is in use. If I look at the admin interface on the modem status I see 4 locked/bonded US channels. 3 of the 4 US connections show ATDMA modulation at 5120k sym/sec while one connection shows TDMA at 2560k sym/sec. Levels seem OK. US levels for all 4 connections are around +43dbmv each. DS levels for all 16 connections are around +4 dbmv each and SNR all exceed 40 db. The cable provider is Spectrum upstate New York.

Also noticed today when I brought 2 computers at home into use at the same time, the US light returned to BLUE indicating 2 or more US channels in use.

My questions are: When the US connection drops from 2 or more connections in use down to 1, is this indicative of an error? Or is this something cable providers normally do with their connections? Does the ISP vary the number of US connections in use based on activity or some other algorithm?

Just wondering if anyone has any experience with the MG7550 in terms of it's reliability.

Thanks
justinlatus is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement