User Tag List

lan

This is a discussion on lan within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. when i run internet on my laptop with the help of hotspot of my phone n simeltaneously connect the lan

Closed Thread

Old 04-25-2016, 08:08 AM   #1
Registered Member

when i run internet on my laptop with the help of hotspot of my phone n simeltaneously connect the lan cable on my lan port for router login. then my wifi on my laptop disappear n internet disconnect.what is the issue please suggest.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-25-2016, 08:27 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

It is quite common for the wireless connection to turn off when the Ethernet connection is established. What is the Brand and model of your PC?

Old 04-29-2016, 08:05 AM   #3
TSF Enthusiast

Why would you want two internet connections at the same time? There is no gain in this as you can't use both at the same time.

Odds are the wifi interface is not being shut down since it is possible to use both connections at the same time. Problem is gateway settings. On the lan side do a static ip assignment listing no gateway to have lan access via the router/switch.

This way you will have internet via hot spot and lan access
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
I would like to know if my laptop has Wake on Lan support
I have a Windows 7 Home Premium x64 operating system. And I have an Acer laptop 5733z model. And I would like to know if this laptop has wake on lan compatibility. I go to my network card settings, and there I have a setting called "Wake on Capabilities." or something like that. But I do not have a...
jrdngreenberg3 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 3 12-20-2015 02:30 PM
[SOLVED] my internet keep getting disconnecting connecting
Hi.I'm new on this forum.I got problem with my internet connection.It keeps dropping then connecting by itself.I cant download anything because in the middle it just drops.My connection is wireless and is cable.My other housemates who have laptops like me have no problem with connection.I took my...
jumrose123 Networking Support 52 03-21-2014 05:18 PM
I would like to know if my HP dv6000 notebook has Wake on Lan on it, and other info
For my computer I have an HP dv6000 model notebook computer. I do not think that I have the dv67000 model though. Because that model has an Intel cpu. For my model I have an AMD Turion dual-core cpu. And it is 32-bit. Now what I wanted to know from you is this. I believe that this laptop has Wake...
jrdngreenberg3 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 11-10-2012 06:30 PM
[SOLVED] (PLEASE HELP) connecting Home wireless with ISP's LAN connection
Hi, I have a internet connection which is also gives me access to LAN connection to them who are also using same internet connection in whole city. SO i was connected to internet & lan also. I was sending files to lan users using IP Messenger & DC++ , also playing games like CS with them. Now for...
shri6989 Networking Support 14 11-15-2011 10:29 AM
Wireless lan adapter - "Media disconnected" [moved from Vista/ Windows 7]
Dear All, I kindly need your support to understand what kind of trouble I'm into. I am not able to connect wifi network on my new HP Probook 4320s (with 802.11 b/g/n standards), running Windows 7 Pro, 64-bit. I found many thread on this forums..applied still and not solved.. I'm using...
sirpavel Networking Support 4 06-14-2011 12:06 PM