Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Internet Connectivity

This is a discussion on Internet Connectivity within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. we are using internet through ADSL technology..using D-Link Modems (Wired 2520U), have squid proxy cum firewall , using multiple OS

Closed Thread

Old 06-12-2017, 02:06 AM   #1
Registered Member

we are using internet through ADSL technology..using D-Link Modems (Wired 2520U), have squid proxy cum firewall , using multiple OS like Ubuntu,MS 7 to 10 & Server 2008
in some places we have connected two computers on one modem (1 via USB interface & 2nd via UTP network interface) one PC with windows & another with Ubuntu Linux.

connecting procedure is the system gets connected to proxy , user enters his username & password & he gets connected to internet

a strange problem is started recently..internet on my windows PC stops suddenly.. although it pings to 4.2.2.2 the DNS but stops pinging my Proxy/firewall ..on the same time my second computer using Linux connected on the same modem works without any disturbance, if the same windows PC started with Ubuntu Live CD it also works fine without any trouble..& this problem occurs only when the user stars browsing the internet..if the users is idle..pinging with proxy & DNS works fine...whenever the users types opens browser & start browsing...the problems starts..

The problem occurs with only windows system..where two computers are connected on same modem...please guide how to resolve the issue..
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-12-2017, 01:10 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Are you using a phone splitter on the dsl ?
BTW your modem is a router and that should be singular not plural as in one modem/router connected to the dsl line.

Which begs the question of how the rest of the equipment is connecting to the dsl connection via the main modem/router. Perhaps you can provide a drawing of your topology for review.

It would also be helpful if you provided a ipconfig /all from the lan connected pc for review
Old 06-12-2017, 09:01 PM   #3
Registered Member

Yes we are using phone splitter, we are having a DSLAM switch installed..from that switch all connections are provided to the users... through a telephone exchange..

This particular problem occurs suddenly any time...the system works for few mins after restart
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 06-13-2017, 08:27 AM   #4
TSF Enthusiast

There should be no pc connections on that router.

I would never put a phone switch on a splitter. Splitters are known trouble points. Phone switch should have a direct connect to the NMI [interface provided by the phone company on the wall in your server room usually supplying a T1]

You didn't explain how everyone/everything is connecting to the internet/local network. Can't be through this router since you filled the two ports with pcs.
Old 06-13-2017, 08:54 AM   #5
TSF Enthusiast

If you're talking 'some places', 'we are having a DSLAM switch installed', 'telephone exchange' multiple users, etc., it sounds like you're a business or ISP/reseller. If so, it helps to mention that type of thing in your posts. The responses would be different than those to a home user.
Old 06-13-2017, 10:08 PM   #6
Registered Member

no..we are not an ISP, its an local Govt. Organization..spread on long area...& using the Old ADSL technology for internet...,

One problem I found with the Antivirus..(Seqrite..from Quick Heal) which might creating the problem..the AV creates its own services..& a network filter drivers in LAN ... I have disabled the Network filter drivers on one system...till the time I have not faced a issue...lets wait, if issue Arieses I will post the snap shots
Closed Thread