Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Internet connection become slow

This is a discussion on Internet connection become slow within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, My internet connection becomes very slow suddenly and I have to reboot my router everytime. It becomes slow to

Closed Thread

Old 03-13-2016, 04:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi,

My internet connection becomes very slow suddenly and I have to reboot my router everytime. It becomes slow to the point that not even Snapchat can load any of the snaps, but after a reboot everything becomes fine! but the fact that I have to reboot my modem 5-8 times in a day is quite annoying.

I changed my modem router from Belkin AC 1800 Dual to TP-Link Archer A7 AC1750 but still the same.

I would also like to add the facts then since I have dead spots at home I have 2 routers connected to my modem, 1. Netgear Night hawk 2. Apple Airport.

What could be the problem of my connection going slow and having to restart it everytime?

Thanks alot in advance!
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 04:50 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

what devices are connected to the router(s)

which router are you rebooting ?
which router is the Main router
how are they connected together - Wireless extender or as a switch

Old 03-13-2016, 05:51 AM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks!

I'm rebooting my main adsl modem which is the TP Link.

The connected once are the Nighthawk and Apple Airport

I have also wired a Philips Hue bridge and a WD My Cloud - 3TB Hard drive

Other connected devices on Wifi are 3 iPhones, an iPad and MBP and August Door lock system.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-13-2016, 07:34 AM   #4
Team Manager - Networking

disconnect all the other routers and connect all the devices to the tp-link
see how that works out first

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search