Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Im having major port forwarding issues

This is a discussion on Im having major port forwarding issues within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For months now Ive been trying to fix my modem. Randomly one day i would open a port through port

Closed Thread

Old 01-28-2019, 03:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

For months now Ive been trying to fix my modem. Randomly one day i would open a port through port forwarding and the port wouldn't open. I ran a online test and all my ports came up as "stealth". Ive tried everything, calling my ISP to see if they blocked my ports, opening outgoing and inbound ports on my firewall, and Ive reset my modem plenty of times. I would love some help.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-31-2019, 06:02 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Microsoft Support

More often than not, it's been my experience that a router that can't open a port has a firmware problem. Try a reset, firmware upgrade, access the GUI with a different web browser, or try a different router, even if it's just for a test.

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Port forwarding issues
Me and my friend have been trying to set up an OpenVPN server to play Civilization 5 together over LAN, since the regular online servers are awful. Setting up OpenVPN was a pain in itself, but eventually we made it past all the errors and only one problem remains unsolved. Similarly to most...
Kaapo Networking Support 1 08-01-2012 08:08 AM
[SOLVED] Connectivity issues Windows 7 64bit + Belkin N Router
Hi there, I've been wrestling with connectivity issues affecting my Windows 7 machine and my wireless router for weeks with now with no success. My set up: ISP: TalkTalk (UK) Connection type: DSL My operating system: Windows 7 Ultimate 64 bit (I have also tried connecting from the same...
Teeb Networking Support 6 07-02-2012 09:31 AM
Strange connectivity issues.
As of late I've been noticing some connectivity issues on my computers. The weird thing, however, is that the issues are different on each computer in my home, and they also don't happen at the same time. My router/modem are set up in my living room. The computer I'm on now is a tower in my...
supercrazyguy Networking Support 9 08-11-2011 03:05 PM
video streaming issues
I have for the last four days been experiencing some extremely slow video streaming problems with all website involving flash (netflix, youtube, hulu, etc.). The video will play for about 2 minutes and then stop, then play again for 2 minutes, then stop. Buffering is extremely slow, even...
ece421 Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 0 07-02-2011 06:33 PM