Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

I would like to get my Realtek EDIMAX wi-fi working

This is a discussion on I would like to get my Realtek EDIMAX wi-fi working within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi People I had to reinstall Windows 7, and now my Realtek EDIMAX seems not to want to play. I

Closed Thread

Old 07-03-2016, 05:23 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi People
I had to reinstall Windows 7, and now my Realtek EDIMAX seems not to want to play.
I have all the original software, on the disk, but the computer doesn't seem to notice the dongle and I have to get my data from wired tethering with my Android phone. It's a nuisance.
If one of the skilful people here would be so kind as to help me it would make a big difference!
Enjoy your days!
Semily
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-03-2016, 07:32 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Please post a screenshot of Device Manager with the Network Adaptor group expanded.

How do I get into Windows Device Manager?

Old 07-04-2016, 12:19 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi :)
Sorry about the wait - here is the screenshot.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	screenshot.jpg
Views:	31
Size:	94.5 KB
ID:	286794  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-04-2016, 12:34 PM   #4
TSF Team, Emeritus

You can go to the motherboard manufacturers support site and download the Chipset, Network Adaptor and Modem drivers.

If necessary, use a machine that is connected to the internet and download them to a flash drive to install on your pc . . Install the Chipset first. . then the other two

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Edimax ew-7722in wifi card not working
Hi, ive been having trouble getting my Edimax ew-7722in wifi card to work. Every time i finish installing the driver for it, it still cant detect my router.
blackdrac Networking Support 1 01-10-2014 09:29 AM
Realtek AC'97 Audio not working
i have installed realtek AC'97 which is not working. every time i start my computer, windows reports that a new hardware is found but sound card is not working. OS - windows xp professional sp3 processor - Intel pentium 4 i had run Unknown device identifier and found following information...
j4m4l Sound Cards 7 05-04-2012 06:00 PM
Front panel USB not working Realtek audio Manager error
Hi guys, I just completed a new build everything works except the front audio jack. I have tried various suggestions posted in the forum but they don't work. I tried plugging headphones in the port in the rear, that works but the front panel port is still inactive. I tried going into the Realtek...
samirkhan Other Hardware Support 5 12-07-2011 04:26 PM
[SOLVED] Portal 2 severe lag, after a couple levels
Hello, so i can run Portal 2 on the highest settings absolutely no problem for a few minutes or so. then after a few minutes pass it starts lagging. I don't know what can be the cause of it, and i have no clue how to fix it. the games minimum requirements are Portal 2 Minimum System...
Squeezit PC Gaming Support 25 07-15-2011 10:36 PM
RealTek HD Audio not working
Ok, so I got a bunch of viruses the other day and had to go through a bunch of nonsense to get rid of them. I eventually fixed it and got back onto my desktop. Now my audio is not working. When I check whats going on in the Device Manager it shows two things. First, it has "RealTek High...
Ramulux Sound Cards 2 05-21-2011 12:31 AM