Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Heeeeeelp FACTORY DATA RESET=NO INTERNET

This is a discussion on Heeeeeelp FACTORY DATA RESET=NO INTERNET within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. So i was toying around and accidently locked myself out of my own router....long story short i gave it a

Closed Thread

Old 09-18-2016, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

So i was toying around and accidently locked myself out of my own router....long story short i gave it a factory reset.So i put a password and a name and im not sure what else am i supposed to do (there is no internet connection) do i have to do something else or contact my internet service provider.....Please reply fast :3
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-18-2016, 01:51 PM   #2
Team Manager - Networking

i suggest you contact your ISP and make sure you get all the settings setup correctly with them
usually the settings in the router should match for your ISP - at least in the UK - they usually send a modem/router already setup

if DSL (telephone)
you will need to know a few settings
username
password
type of connection - various settings

they would often have these settings available on the internet - who is your ISP ?

Old 09-20-2016, 08:41 AM   #3
Registered Member

sooo i just ask them for the username an password (becuase on they're set to username for the username and probably username-since it has the same letters for the password)
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
url:mal virus
I am in need of expert assistance in removal the nemesis virus "url:mal" . I've also seen pop up from Avast blocking "url:mal2". I tried running gmr and something prevents it from completion, so I'm not sure if it will give you the data you need:sad: Thanks in advance.:bang head: Dell...
Larry Crooms Resolved HJT Threads 35 01-14-2014 04:16 AM
CPU at 100% most of the time.
Hi guys, Lately I have been having a problem with my PC. On several occasions my PC has slowed right down and virtually ground to a halt. When I've checked it with Task Manager, it shows that the processor is running at 100%, and that there are over 40 processes running at once. This can happen...
Hairymartin1966 Resolved HJT Threads 35 08-09-2013 11:33 AM
Dell is running SO SLOW
Hi, I know next to nothing about most of what I'm finding on this site, but the step-by-steps are helpful! My Dell Insprion 1525 is running so slow, I can barely even run internal scans to find out what's wrong. It just took over 90 minutes to run my "Windows Experience Index." iTunes is no...
rebel150 Resolved HJT Threads 15 07-05-2012 09:28 AM
no internet access after virus
recently had win 7 2012 virus, removed virus, now cannot connect to any internet. troubleshooting states can not detect networks proxy settings. i dont know what any of following report means, but thought it might help. Farbar Service Scanner Ran by haley (administrator) on 09-01-2012...
cody7880 Resolved HJT Threads 65 01-18-2012 10:32 AM
Permission Changes in Wins 7
Not sure what happened, but it appears I can't make changes like delete files or run programs I am logged in as an administrator, and have been through the Security section of right clicking a file or folder to allow me to make changes to no avail Tried something called Subinacl to change...
leachim Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 18 10-18-2011 07:34 PM