Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

firewall rules port forwarding?

This is a discussion on firewall rules port forwarding? within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. this is my second time so please point out if i do something wrong i just got my static ip

Closed Thread

Old 04-16-2017, 06:14 AM   #1
Registered Member

Confused

this is my second time so please point out if i do something wrong

i just got my static ip for 50$ but the provider told it would only work in firewall rules

P . S: i tried use advanced port forwarding because im a (message too inappropriate)

my firmware is 2.06, Hardware version: B1

ISP:Act Fibernet

my d'link model is DIR-600L
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-18-2017, 07:34 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Unclear why you needed a static ip from the isp. You don't need it for port forwarding. Unless you misunderstood you needed a static ip on the lan device you are porting to. You provide that not the isp.

lets see what we are working with. Please provide/post the following:
tracert yahoo.com
games/ports you want to forward
make/model of fiber modem
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Port Forwarding with Belkin router
I've been trying to set up this router with port forwarding so my grandfather would be able to watch in outdoor webcam while back up north during the summer. I've tried just about everything and the port is still CLOSED! The camera is a Foscam FI8904W and I'm trying to set it up using a Belkin...
seminole_guy Networking Support 3 01-02-2015 07:30 PM
Port Forwarding faster than default port in the tests
I have installed Apache on 80 port. Next I configure port forwarding from 8888 port to 80 port. Then I compare speed of data transfer and I got that 8888 port is faster than 80. (in 50% cases). Example: I have file size=10Mb if I download it through 80 port, it takes 10.2948 sec if I download...
msv001 Networking Support 1 11-27-2014 09:01 AM
[SOLVED] Help With Port Forwarding!
I know there are a ton of Minecraft port forwarding questions all over the internet, but I haven't found a good answer to my exact problem yet, so I'm making a thread for just me. :3 Router: Netgear N600 WNDR 3400v2 OS: Mac OSX 10.6.8 Problem: Trying to host a minecraft server and need to port...
cyclestarcraft Networking Support 10 12-03-2012 12:54 PM
no audio after installing XP Pro SP3 to IBM T60
Sound worked fine before installing XP Pro SP3......after instal, no audio. No audio after installing XP Pro SP3 (from disc) on an IBM/Lenovo T60 ThinkPad. IBM/Lenovo drivers from Lenovo Support site for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" are not recognized when trying to install...
Ray G Windows XP Support 19 11-20-2012 07:15 AM