Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Download Dropping To Almost 0 (ISP Support Is Useless)

This is a discussion on Download Dropping To Almost 0 (ISP Support Is Useless) within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I'm on a wired connection, this happens on all my devices in my house. I use Frontier FiOS, and boy,

Closed Thread

Old 01-16-2018, 06:10 PM   #1
Registered Member

I'm on a wired connection, this happens on all my devices in my house. I use Frontier FiOS, and boy, their customer service is absolute zero help.

These are two speedtests, one taken on Google and one taken on speedtest.net. They were both taken with one minute of eachother: https://imgur.com/a/wXDkA

Makes no sense right? Here's the deal, my internet does this all the time. Limits itself to less then 2Mbps (the download). I pay for 100/100 through FiOS. Whenever I call they either tell me to do a speedtest on speedtest.net or their website (which uses speedtest.net). Whenever I do a speedtest on there everything looks ok. Some other websites give different results as well, for example I just did a speedtest on some random website and it gave me a download of 3Mbps.

The speedtest on Google is the TRUE speedtest. If I try to download a 10 Megabyte file right now it literally takes 10 minutes when it should take a second or two.

What the hell do I do? I have submitted a complaint to the presidential office of Frontier FiOS and they told me to call and try to get a tech out there. But if a tech arrives and the issue isn't present they can't do anything. So what's my best bet? They also require you to be home when the tech is there, so I can't do this multiple times where I have to keep taking off of work. Any help is appreciated.

Also, my router is less then a year old. It is the Frontier Fios Router. FIOS-G1100 is the model number.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 12:50 AM   #2
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

I don't trust speedtest, I usually use this to do a browser level test from the endpoint, more accurate results.

speedof.me go here and try to run the test and see the graph and the speeds.
Old 01-17-2018, 03:31 PM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
I don't trust speedtest, I usually use this to do a browser level test from the endpoint, more accurate results.

speedof.me go here and try to run the test and see the graph and the speeds.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-17-2018, 10:59 PM   #4
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

That is a ridiculous Download speed !! for a FIOS connection.

Run the same on another Mobile device or Tablet, if you see the same results there, time to call the ISP and give them these numbers.
Closed Thread