Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Disable most buttons on Xfinity cable remote

This is a discussion on Disable most buttons on Xfinity cable remote within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Good afternoon I have an elderly friend who is having problems with hitting the wrong buttons on their Xfinity XR-2

Closed Thread

Old 10-30-2017, 11:11 AM   #1
Registered Member

Good afternoon
I have an elderly friend who is having problems with hitting the wrong buttons on their Xfinity XR-2 remote control and causing them to not be able to watch TV

Is there a way to disable the buttons that are not needed and only have this person use the power on / off, channels & volume buttons
Any assistance would be appreciated
Thanks
John
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-30-2017, 02:59 PM   #2
Administrator
Team Manager, Gaming
Team Manager, Microsoft Support
Team Manager, Hardware Team
Microsoft MVP

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

Not that I know of, but I can add that those new remotes are a pain compared to the old ones.
Are you near one of the Xfinity stores? If so you may want to stop in and see if they have any ease of access remotes for different disabilities that may be a better choice.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Configuring Windows Media Center with MCE Kit to work with Cisco ATT Cable set top
I desparately need some VERY SPECIFIC help. This may be a NEW problem for most BUT as MORE computer are being sold with HD screens and added-on or built-in TV Tuners, you will see this, and similar, more and more often. FIRST OFF, I KNOW ALREADY how WMC works (or is supposed to!) and have set...
OldeGreyWoolf Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 04-20-2012 06:50 PM
Cable modem - max cable length?
I'm going to be making the switch from DSL to cable internet and have a few questions. We get basic cable already from the local big name provider. That cable goes to the TV in the main floor living room. Ideally I would like to have the cable modem in the upstairs office location - would...
andylogan Cabling and Network Cards 1 06-20-2011 12:09 PM
How can I disable the router in a cable modem router?
Hi, I've been having problems with the router portion of my cable modem router. I have a brand new router that I would like to use rather than the crappy router that is part of the cable modem. The problem is that I'm not able to get online no matter how I set the settings. I have disabled...
wackal Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 12 06-17-2011 07:11 AM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM