Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Computer into Wifi hotspot

This is a discussion on Computer into Wifi hotspot within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My computer is already connected by a wifi device but i make my computer to a wifi supported pls help

Closed Thread

Old 04-07-2016, 11:41 PM   #1
Registered Member

My computer is already connected by a wifi device but i make my computer to a wifi supported pls help me.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 01:32 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Hi

Your query is unclear. Kindly try and explain in as much detail as possible what you are having problems with or what you're trying to accomplish and please don't make duplicate posts on the same topic.
Old 04-08-2016, 02:25 AM   #3
Registered Member

My Respactive:
i am use computer Wifi Realtek RTL8187 on net. through wifi.
1. now sir. i want to to make my computer virtul router. i want to cancte my Phone wifi with my pc virtual router or AP mode.
2. how to AP mode and wifi Both same time work.?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-08-2016, 03:20 AM   #4
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by hinauman View Post
My Respactive:
i am use computer Wifi Realtek RTL8187 on net. through wifi.
1. now sir. i want to to make my computer virtul router. i want to cancte my Phone wifi with my pc virtual router or AP mode.
2. how to AP mode and wifi Both same time work.?
Your computer has a wireless Internet connection, through the Realtek WiFi adapter, and you'd like to share that connection with your phone by turning your computer into a wireless hotspot. Is that right?

Well, all that won't be necessary. Why don't you simply connect your phone to the same wireless network that your computer is connected to?
Old 04-16-2016, 01:57 PM   #5
Registered Member

require wi fi password
Old 04-17-2016, 02:17 AM   #6
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by samina786 View Post
require wi fi password
It's the same password that you used to connect the computer to the wi-fi network. If someone did it for you and you have no idea what the password is, you can find it out as follows:

1. Open Network Connections: on Start menu or Control Panel, type view network connections and click on the result that matches.

2. In the window that opens, double-click the wireless connection of your computer. This will open the Status of that connection.

3. Click the Wireless Properties button and it will open yet another window.

4. Click the Security tab and there you'll find the password for that wi-fi connection. The characters are hidden by default, so click the Show characters checkbox to reveal them. Use that password to connect your phone to the wi-fi connection.
Old 04-17-2016, 09:45 AM   #7
TSF Enthusiast

I don't believe you can have your wifi card connected to the internet AND be a hot spot at the same time. Config I have seen is wired nic to internet and shared to the wifi card/dongle running a program like connectify. Same is true if using two wifi cards. Unclear from connectify's docs if they support dual access on one wifi card

Features - Connectify
Closed Thread