Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Cisco EPC3928S, only one channel working

This is a discussion on Cisco EPC3928S, only one channel working within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello. I have an issue with this particular modem. Usualy in 7 PM straight, connection breakes and then reconnectes, but

Closed Thread

Old 08-17-2016, 04:35 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hello.

I have an issue with this particular modem. Usualy in 7 PM straight, connection breakes and then reconnectes, but it leaves only a single downstream and upstream channel working. It started suddenly few weeks ago and so far there was no solution from the internet provider. Modem was changed for the another of the same type and the problem persisted. Oddly enough, I have no issues at all untill 7 PM. Also, this is seen on the phone line as signal breaking, akin to a mobile phone that loses reception for a brief period of time.

During the internet use, this is seen as a lag spike attack (every several seconds, there is lag, with games working ok in the brief period between ). Phone continues to be disrupted in the same intervals as lag spikes occur in game. The problem happens even if both home PCs, connected in LAN are turned off.

No custom changes were made on the modem, so, as far as I know, it should work with factory settings.

This is the current situation:

Downstream channels

Power Level: Signal to Noise Ratio:
Channel 1: 5.2 dBmV 38.6 dB
Channel 2:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 3:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 5:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 6:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 7:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB
Channel 8:
0.0 dBmV 0.0 dB

Upstream channels

Power Level:
Channel 1: 42.5 dBmV
Channel 2:
0.0 dBmV
Channel 3: 0.0 dBmV
Channel 4: 0.0 dBmV

Any ideas about this? Techincians claim that cable installations are all right, but I have no idea if they had actualy tested them.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-18-2016, 12:10 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

"Modem was changed for the another of the same type and the problem persisted"

This is solely a isp issue. Ask for the supervisor and if not satisfied get management involved.

All of those 0.0 dBmV appear to me to be unused channels. Again a isp issue. Nothing at your end to fix.
Old 08-18-2016, 03:32 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thank you.

I was afraid such might be the case.
Closed Thread