Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Change a Vodafone Router (UK)

This is a discussion on Change a Vodafone Router (UK) within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi, I need to change the Huwaei HHG2500 router provided by Vodafone. They have provided my account name and password.

Closed Thread

Old 12-04-2017, 04:05 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi, I need to change the Huwaei HHG2500 router provided by Vodafone. They have provided my account name and password.
I intend to use a BT HH5 or HH6 to start with but just need to see if I can set this up before spending on a new hub.
I am not a techie and would like to know how hard or easy it is to set up a broadband router.
Any help or advice really appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-28-2018, 07:39 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

You can typically use any router. There are exceptions which vary by ISP. Verify with Vodafone if you can use your own router.

Old 01-29-2018, 06:17 AM   #3
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimE View Post
You can typically use any router. There are exceptions which vary by ISP. Verify with Vodafone if you can use your own router.
I did ask and they have a list of BT approved routers. I did try using a BT Home Hub 5, but they seem to be hard coded so they cannot be used on another network.
In the end I got fed up with Vodafone telling me incorrect information, and messing me around and went back to BT where everything now works ok.
I suppose I could have bought a new modem, but that negates the cost saving switching ISPs.
Closed Thread