Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Cable modem's gateway is being changed

This is a discussion on Cable modem's gateway is being changed within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a cable modem from the cable company four ports on the back referred to as a BWG, No

Closed Thread

Old 04-17-2017, 05:03 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a cable modem from the cable company four ports on the back referred to as a BWG, No static IPs.
have a access point connected to the modem port 1. everything works fine with Internet connection, until I connect a Dlink wired router that is running a Point of sale system for a restaurant.
Once I connect the wired router the AP stops routing and no internet.
I connected a laptop to modem cmdprompt ipconfig. It returns a gateway of the Dlink wired router.
If I disconnect the Dlink, reconnect a laptop and ipconfig I see the proper gateway of the cable modem and the AP starts routing Internet traffic.

Why is this happening?
Help
Thanks in advance
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-17-2017, 06:19 PM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

and welcome to the Forum

The problem is using two devices to assign ip addresses . . See this for how to use two routers:

https:// Connecting Additional Routers - Tech Support Forum

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
need cable similar to IDE cable but -w- larger holes (plz help)
Hello everyone... I have an EMU systems E-max II keyboard sampler for music from 1989 (looks like a synthesizer) that is missing a ribbon cable inside similar to an IDE cable. When I picked up an IDE cable and tried it the pins were visibly larger than the holes in the IDE cable. There are 40...
android242 Other Hardware Support 3 10-19-2014 11:49 AM
Connecting Cisco DPQ-2160 Cable Modem with Beetel 450TC1 Adsl2+ Router
I was using an ADSL connection previously, but now i have switched to a cable modem connection. The ADSL router provided by my previous ISP was wireless but my new ISP has provided me a very basic cable modem with only one Ethernet output port. I need to dial a PPPoE Broadband connection in order...
nippuankush Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 11-07-2012 09:25 AM
Copper thieves battled with new anti-theft telecoms cable
The epidemic of telecom cable thefts has prompted a US company to develop a new design that drastically cuts down the copper content in a bid to deter metal thieves. The GroundSmart Copper Clad Steel cable is probably the most radical solution yet devised to copper theft in that it removes...
Glaswegian Computer Security News 2 01-20-2012 06:59 PM
Gateway E-3600 can't boot from second hard drive
Second HD post I recently acquired a 2002-vintage Gateway E-3600 desktop PC. I added memory (going from 256 MB to 1024 MB) , changed out the CMOS battery, and installed a 160-GB WD Cavier Blue hard drive in the second HD bay. The original (first) HD is a 40-GB Maxtor HD with Windows XP...
Setpoint Hard Drive Support 2 06-05-2011 09:56 AM