Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Cable connections

This is a discussion on Cable connections within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello, I'm going to be laying a cabled network outlet to my room, and I was wondering if this would

Closed Thread

Old 03-27-2017, 07:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hello,

I'm going to be laying a cabled network outlet to my room, and I was wondering if this would be possible:

Since a cable-to-cable is crimped differently than a outlet, would the above example be possible or would I have to crimp the RJ45 connector that goes into the router like the outlet is connected?

Thanks in advance.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-27-2017, 03:25 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

Pin outs for port or cable end are the same. Just use the same standard throughout.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Connecting Cisco DPQ-2160 Cable Modem with Beetel 450TC1 Adsl2+ Router
I was using an ADSL connection previously, but now i have switched to a cable modem connection. The ADSL router provided by my previous ISP was wireless but my new ISP has provided me a very basic cable modem with only one Ethernet output port. I need to dial a PPPoE Broadband connection in order...
nippuankush Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 3 11-07-2012 09:25 AM
split ethernet cable, one to comp, one to wifi router
I have only one computer right now. Had two, and got very weak signal to laptop (since discarded) upstairs from Linksys g 54Mbits downstairs at main desktop computer desktop. I have tried three different kinds of 54Mbits wifi routers, all with no success. I'm going to get my wife a new wifi...
Roger33 Networking Support 7 12-14-2011 06:24 PM
Cable modem - max cable length?
I'm going to be making the switch from DSL to cable internet and have a few questions. We get basic cable already from the local big name provider. That cable goes to the TV in the main floor living room. Ideally I would like to have the cable modem in the upstairs office location - would...
andylogan Cabling and Network Cards 1 06-20-2011 12:09 PM
Power Supply Information and Selection
:smile: CHOOSING AND UNDERSTANDING A POWER SUPPLY UNIT The power supply unit in today’s modern computer assumes a role probably more critical than any other single component in your system even when compared to the CPU and motherboard. Therefore, there are multiple factors that must...
Tumbleweed36 RAM and Power Supply Support 0 07-09-2006 03:41 PM