Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Australia- Service Provider NBN modem/router to my own Router.

This is a discussion on Australia- Service Provider NBN modem/router to my own Router. within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello Folks, Finally, i got a notice that NBN broadband is now available to my address. It is fibre to

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2017, 10:56 AM   #1
Registered Member

My System

Hello Folks,
Finally, i got a notice that NBN broadband is now available to my address. It is fibre to the node, means Fibre would be running up to the nearby Corner and existing copper would be used to connect me to the fibre. (?).
I ordered NBN service from My Republic (service provider) and received a basic NBN ready moden/Router from them.
But I already have TP link Archer D7, which has more advanced features as router than what I received from Service provider. Archer D7 is a ADSL2+ modem/router and NBN router (not Modem).
Now, I am wondering, can i just use service providers Modem/Router only as Modem and Archer D7 as wireless router for my home network?
I mean:- Plug Archer D7 to one of the ethernet port of Service providers Modem Router.
I guess the basic question would be, Can i connect Router A to Router B and get router A to work?

Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-02-2017, 06:53 AM   #2
Team Manager - Networking
Moderator - Hardware

My System

There is more involved than just connecting them together, some configuration is required. And unfortunately, not all ISP provided hardware will work in this fashion. I would first contact the ISP and tell them you would like to use your own router and ask if they can provide only a modem.

As for configuration, read this sticky: https://www.techsupportforum.com/foru...rs-655257.html

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bsod during Guild wars 2 session
Im having error often but only in this game. It say its a sync problem with my cpu. IM sorry in advance for the way i present the report but i could not figure out how to upload one of the file. there it is Rapport de diagnostics du système Ordinateur: JULIEN-PC Collecté: 27 août 2012...
passprogress BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 6 08-29-2012 09:44 AM
Internet won't work after combo fix
Hi, had a google redirect virus. ran multiple malware programs, antimalware bytes, spybot, and a few cleaners but no success. ran combo fix and now I don't have internet. here is log file ComboFix 12-04-24.05 - Amanda 04/24/2012 23:44:10.1.4 - x86 Microsoft Windows 7 Home Premium ...
jenningsfamily Resolved HJT Threads 52 05-17-2012 08:38 AM
Virus/Trojan/spyware
I keep getting popups telling me to scan my computer, it's infected with trojans and malware. I didn't click on anything but I really don't know how long this has been happing because my grandaughter and husband use the computer everyday. My husband told me he was getting pop ups and that we needed...
kmel2u Resolved HJT Threads 29 12-18-2011 08:23 PM
[SOLVED] CPU always working at 13/16%.
Hi. My cpu is always at 13/16%. I have checked for viruses malware with kaspersky and windows defender but dont found nothing. I also checked with HJT but dont found nothing bad there. What can be this? I am still very noob tech. Here is my HJT log.
wolfvt13 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 7 01-01-2011 08:44 PM