Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

Adding a Wireless Repeater

This is a discussion on Adding a Wireless Repeater within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi everyone, I have a spare router that I would like to use as a repeater to extend my wireless

Closed Thread

Old 12-16-2016, 09:08 AM   #1
TSF Enthusiast

My System

Hi everyone,

I have a spare router that I would like to use as a repeater to extend my wireless signal in my home.

Right now, with my modem and wireless router, I have 120Mbps download and 20 Mbps upload. The router has both a 2.4 and 5.0Ghz band.

The spare router I have is this: Linksys E2500 N600 Dual-Band Wireless Router
I would like to know if I use it as a repeater, will I still get my full 120Mbps and 20Mbps, download and upload, respectively, or will that router reduce the speed of the entire wireless network in the home?
Is the 'freedom of choice and action' that is offered to the individual, freedom to decide for himself what is moral or immoral, society remaining neutral; or is it freedom to be immoral if he wants to be?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 12-16-2016, 11:01 AM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

My System

I would like to also mention that my intention was to connect the E2500 wirelessly to the network, I do not want to have to connect it to my gateway wired.

Is this possible?
Is the 'freedom of choice and action' that is offered to the individual, freedom to decide for himself what is moral or immoral, society remaining neutral; or is it freedom to be immoral if he wants to be?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Adding wireless to business network
Hi, im trying to add wireless to an existing network but the problem is that the wireless clients are able to see/ping the wired computers. Here is the setup Router #1 (existing business network) 192.168.5.1 Cable modem connected on it. Router 2 (wireless router) 192.168.30.1
naaaaa Networking Support 5 07-01-2013 07:58 AM
Wireless capability is turned off on a Toshiba L40-10U with an ATheros AR5007EG
Hello all. I don't even know from where to start. If someone's able to help me, I'll be grateful. The problem is like this: I own a Toshiba Equium L40-10U : -Processor : Intel(r) Celeron(r) M CPU 520 @1.6 GHZ -Memory : 1GB of RAM -Qualcomm Atheros AR5007EG Wireless. It came with a 32...
andrewcezar Networking Support 7 01-29-2013 04:27 AM
Connected to wireless repeater, with no internet.
I just got a wireless repeater (Engenius ERN 9250) to use in my house, and I'm having issues after setting it up. I set it up using the WPS function with my router (netgear n600), and even if I connected to the repeater my internet would not work. I could access the repeaters admin page...
Jwad Networking Support 12 03-04-2011 05:52 PM
adding printer to wireless network
I am not a tech person, so I apologize if this is a dumb question. Tech support will not help me because no one wants to comment on if/how to attach equipment manufactured by some other company. I have a wireless home network using a Netgear DGN2280 router/modem. I also have an HP Officejet...
11nick Networking Support 5 03-04-2011 08:14 AM