Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Networking Forum > Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite

User Tag List

3G/4G Modem and Router

This is a discussion on 3G/4G Modem and Router within the Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. My place in Philippine islands we normally gets 1-3 bars cell network signal but mostly at the lower end. Calling

Closed Thread

Old 08-27-2016, 01:28 AM   #1
Registered Member

Question

My place in Philippine islands we normally gets 1-3 bars cell network signal but mostly at the lower end. Calling and messaging is not a major issue but data speeds are giving me a huge headache. 2G is normal with exceptional times at 3G or no G. The issue is pretty much the same with both available networks. Globe and Smart.

Calling and messaging works reasonably ok therefore no need to broadcast a wireless signal. For improving data speeds I would though like a dual yagi antenna and signal booster for both Globe and Smart networks. Then hard wire the antennas and amplifier to two separate 3G/4G modems with external antenna access points. One for Smart and one for Globe network. These two 3G/4G modems would be wired to a load balancing router for a small local network internet capability.

Can you please suggest a good fast 3G/4G modem and a load balancing router for this setup. The load balancing router does not have to be wireless. Thanks in advance!

If it helps I pasted below some details of both Globe and Smart network’s specs.

Globe Telecomhttps://www.globe.com.ph/
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carri...be-philippines
GSM Frequency Band - 900 MHz/1800 MHz (Dual Band)
3G Frequency Band- WCDMA (UMTS) - 850Mhz/2100 MHz
UMTS/3G 1900(uplink)/2100(downlink) (Dual Band)
4G (live LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, test, license) - 4G Globe HSPA+ WiMAX 1800Mhz (Launch Date: September 2012)

Smart Communications Smart Communications – Cellphones, Mobile Broadband, Prepaid & Postpaid Plans on the #1 Network
https://www.frequencycheck.com/carri...rt-philippines
GSM Frequency Band - 850Mhz/900 MHz/1800 MHz (Tri-Band)
3G Frequency Band-WCDMA (UMTS) 2100 MHz
UMTS/3G 1900(uplink)/2100(downlink) (Dual Band)
4G (live LTE, WiMAX, HSPA+, test, license) - LTE HSPA+ WiMAX 850/1800/2100Mhz (Launch Date: August 2012)
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
How do I use a router? When I have a router from my internet company already?
I feel like such a noob lol I like to play around with old computers. Someone gave me netgear N 600 Wireless Dual Band Router. How in the heck do I use this thing? lol I'm embarrassed to ask :uhoh: Can I use my netgear router as like a usb wireless network adapter? And just plug my desktops...
Tdoggy187 Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 25 09-14-2015 08:29 PM
Help deciding modem and router
Looking for help optimizing my home internet. I use XFinity (Comcast) internet in my apartment in San Francisco (1700 sq feet). **Issue** Paying for 50 mbps down speed but only getting 20-30 mbps in living room, and 5-10 mbps in bedrooms. I understand that there are limitations to our modem...
zippie1jets Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 1 12-12-2014 11:32 AM
Router and Modem does not work together in Vista
Is this a wired or wireless connection issue? Wireless How to run and post an ipconfig /all output of the computer(s) in question for review. Please follow and click the Tutorial here. Pasted at the end of the thread Who is your Internet Service Provider (ISP)? India - BSNL
AurobindoSaha Networking Support 7 02-07-2013 05:33 AM
[SOLVED] A modem, wireless router, and more wired ports
My latest wireless router just died so it's time for a new one. I have a modem that has 4 ports, and I had one going to my wireless router and from the wireless router, I had 4 wired computers. <cable internet> I added 3 more computers directly to the modem for a total of 7 computers via 2...
silvergoat Networking Support 7 09-19-2011 11:01 AM
How can I disable the router in a cable modem router?
Hi, I've been having problems with the router portion of my cable modem router. I have a brand new router that I would like to use rather than the crappy router that is part of the cable modem. The problem is that I'm not able to get online no matter how I set the settings. I have disabled...
wackal Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 12 06-17-2011 07:11 AM