User Tag List

Windows

This is a discussion on Windows within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Either burn the iso image to a disc first if you are using windows 7 or older. Or if you

Closed Thread

Old 07-30-2015, 12:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Either burn the iso image to a disc first if you are using windows 7 or older. Or if you are using the windows 8 developer preview, just put the iso image onto the desktop and then right click, and select 'mount'.

To make a bootable flashdrive you need at least 4gb or more.

Then put the disc you just burnt from the windows 8 beta iso into your dvd drive or just mount the iso image if your using the developer preview.

Then follow these steps:
open cmd.exe as an administrator.

Type 'diskpart'

then type 'list disk'
find the disc number that is your pendrive by spotting the total size of the pendrive (i.e. 4000mb).
Then type 'select disk' followed by the pendrive disk number you just saw listed. (i.e. Select disk 1)

then type 'clean'
then type 'create partition primary'
then type 'select partition 1'
then type 'active'
then type 'format fs=ntfs'
once that has reached 100%,
type 'assign'
then exit.

Then open cmd.exe again, and type the directory of the windows 8 disc or mounted iso image, followed by 'boot\bootsect.exe' then whatever drive letter your pendrive is, example: 'D:\boot\bootsect.exe E: /nt60

Then after that, type 'xcopy' followed by the directory the windows 8 disc is, then put *.* after it, then put your pendrive drive letter, then put /E /F /H example: 'xcopy D:\*.* E:\ /E /F /H'

Then after that you are done.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
Microsoft-Team Manager
Hardware - Team Manager

Why would you use a preview copy of win 8 it has been RTM for a pretty long time.

Eliminate all other factors, and the one which remains must be the truth.
Old 07-30-2015, 01:12 PM   #3
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Copied from https://answers.yahoo.com/question/i...2050828AAlOgHv (2012)

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread