Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Where to get DOS 6.22 that works?

This is a discussion on Where to get DOS 6.22 that works? within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey everyone: I decided I would try and play with the old versions of DOS and windows. I was able

Closed Thread

Old 03-21-2012, 06:29 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey everyone:

I decided I would try and play with the old versions of DOS and windows. I was able to download a copy of windows 3.11 and install it onto an old computer with no problem, but the same cannot be said for installing DOS 6.22. I don't know where there's a good place to get DOS 6.22 if there is, but all the copies that I've downloaded so far, everytime I would go to try and install them, it would always ask for Disk #1 when installing and I had disk #1 in the drive. I did have a copy of MS DOS 5 I was able to install which was how I was able to install windows 3.11. Anyone know of where I can get MS DOS 6.22? If I have to pay for it, I will as long as it isn't expensive.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 03-22-2012, 05:18 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Have you tried ebay? You can usually get the full set of floppies for about $25. ms dos 6.22 | eBay

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Old 06-22-2012, 09:03 AM   #3
Registered Member

Did you try to label the disk "Disk 1"?
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Unable to record
Here's the sound card I'm using: HT Omega - Claro Plus+ And here's this: https://i106.photobucket.com/albums/m277/illigitt/soundcard.png My mic is plugged into the correct jack, but when I talk into it, it doesn't register that any sound is going through. My computer exceeds the recommended...
ILLigitt Sound Cards 23 03-31-2012 12:24 PM
[SOLVED] Can't start windows after upgraded the OS to windows 7
Hello all, I have old Dell laptop XPS M140, and had windows XP as the original OS (my laptop has been worked just fine at that time). Then my husband installed and upgraded the OS to windows 7..it worked just fine for about a week or two. Until in the last few days, I turned on my laptop,...
luvelle Windows XP Support 15 03-22-2012 04:01 PM
How do I remformat a System Hard drive to use as an external?
My friend gave sold me the hard drive from his sister laptop, I was planning on using it to store photos and such on it. When I docked it on my SATA dock originally 1 new hard drive showed up but given a few seconds 3 others showed up, labeled; System, Local, HP Tools, and Recovery. The Local drive...
richztech Hard Drive Support 7 03-21-2012 04:38 PM
[SOLVED] No video output to monitors
Just finished making my cable management better and when I boot up my PC there is no video but there is the windows sound. My specs are: Corsair HX1050W PSU CoolerMaster Haf x 932 Case EVGA GTX 580 SLI Gigabyte P67A UD7 B3 Motherboard 2 Sets of 2x4GB Corsair Dominator RAM Intel 2500k WD...
bob7up Video Card Support 1 03-21-2012 01:58 PM