Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Using cPanel on CentOS I my email heairarchy is incorrect?

This is a discussion on Using cPanel on CentOS I my email heairarchy is incorrect? within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. When I login to my email accounts using an email client, my emails is listed under the INBOX tab. So

Closed Thread

Old 09-30-2015, 06:58 AM   #1
Registered Member

When I login to my email accounts using an email client, my emails is listed under the INBOX tab.

So if I collapse the inbox tab, it also collapses drafts, sent, archive, junk, trash, and spam.

These folders should be at the same level as the inbox, but for some reason they are all subfolders of inbox. I don't know how to manually recreate the folders, as I don't understand how the web host would then know where to put each piece of mail.

For example if I delete the SENT folder, and recreate it, how will the server know that that is supposed to be the sent folder?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-30-2015, 07:04 AM   #2
Registered Member

As you can see here, all of my mailboxes are 'subfolders' of Inbox, when they should be their own.

Old 10-03-2015, 06:35 PM   #3
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Is this CPanel on a vps, or is it on a hosted box? Rather do you have the ability to contact your hosting company or do they have a hands off approach?

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-08-2015, 04:10 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wmorri View Post
Is this CPanel on a vps, or is it on a hosted box? Rather do you have the ability to contact your hosting company or do they have a hands off approach?
Sorry for the long delay! Thank you for your help.

I am on a VPS with full support, but they tell me it is something I did that caused this issue. I think I may have done something by clicking 'rebuild folder list' in Horde, but I can't figure out if that's it, or how to reverse it.

Thanks again!
Old 10-23-2015, 09:16 PM   #5
Registered Member

Still looking for help if anyone can figure it out.
Old 10-24-2015, 08:10 AM   #6
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

I would see if you can find the logs on your vps, since you are running CentOS, I would look in var/logs. This should have some .log files in it and might have on for your cpanel. I would start looking in there and see if you can find anything that might be the cause. In the event that you can't find the logs I would ask your hosting company where they might be as you have full support.

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Closed Thread