Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

unix manual installation

This is a discussion on unix manual installation within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. hey guys... i am a computer science student, and it`s my begining in the *nix world... i have used linuxes

Closed Thread

Old 07-25-2012, 08:19 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: windows 7 ultimate, ubuntu 12.04 and fedora 17(multiboot)

hey guys... i am a computer science student, and it`s my begining in the *nix world... i have used linuxes like ubuntu ,fedora and other... now i want to try unix... i tried to install it but i got formatted my full laptop... is there is any manual partitioning scheme for unix..like making a new partition table as per our Convenience like in linuxes... i tried it on solaris and free BSD but my whole hard drive formatted... i am eager to work on unix... please help me...(if u can then please explain or give me a link)...
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Canon Pixma MX870 Installation failure
Hi, this seems like a simple problem but I cannot find any help about it in the Canon manual or online. When I start the installation process using the CD, the program starts to install but then gets hung up pretty quickly while registering the MP Drivers. I get a message that says "An error...
spruce234 Printer Support 4 06-02-2011 01:30 AM
[SOLVED] Unsigned Driver Installation During Windows 7 Installation
Hi, all. I'm in the middle of installing Windows 7 Pro x64, but it's giving me the message "Installing an unsigned 64-bit device driver is not supported and might result in an unstable Windows installation". This occurs after I click "Load Driver" and select my Rapid Storage Tech driver from my USB...
DeltaFox Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 2 05-16-2011 12:35 AM
Vista installation hangs on completing installation during clean install
Hello, I'm having an issue installing a clean install of Windows Vista Home Basic onto my friend's Acer laptop. To start off, my friend has had a rouge anti virus that more or less destroyed his windows. After doing a system restore for the earliest date available, the virus was gone, but...
ssjChris Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 05-11-2011 08:11 AM
REMOTE Hacker - Bank Accounts, Email, Facebook and Administration Control
Hello Tech Support Members. This is long, though it is a culmination of past (solved threads, that aren't) information all in one as well as an all around plea to the selfless experts. I am creating this final last ditch thread to help shed some light on a real enigma that has been cloaking my...
fiLmNut Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 4 01-21-2011 05:33 AM