Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

trying to bypass password of xp F2 uitilty

This is a discussion on trying to bypass password of xp F2 uitilty within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. ha' computer smart people i am trying to run a full recovery on my EVEREX stepnoteLM7W and i am having

Closed Thread

Old 01-24-2012, 01:25 PM   #1
Registered Member

ha' computer smart people i am trying to run a full recovery on my EVEREX stepnoteLM7W and i am having a little problem. I have the CD-ROM disc that came with the system. My problem is I cant remember the right buttens to push when I start up the system with the disc in the system.I cant get into the system uitilty using the F2 butten because I dont have the password and in order to do what I am trying to do I either need to know step by step how to get by the password or if anyone is familur with this EVEREX system and can tell me how to start the process with the right buttens to push at what time in whatever order it would be f great help.Ive tryed F10 F9 F8 F3 F12 while holding the ESC CTRL so hopfully someone out there can solve my delema any way it can be done.I not real comp sauva so the simplist explanation or so I understand your directions would be great HOPE TO HEAR SOMTHING SOON. THANKYOU ROADBARRON
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-24-2012, 02:09 PM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi, welcome to TSF

Download the user manual from here and scroll down to Appendix B.

Quote:
System Recovery

Appendix B provides information on how to restore the software and operating system of your computer back to the original factory settings. In this section, you will learn how to recover all files to your system with or without formatting the user partition. Follow the step-by-step instructions carefully and exercise caution to avoid data loss.

1. Power on the system and place the recovery CD into Optical Disk Drive.

2. Press "F2" to display the BIOS Setup Utility, then choose "Boot" from the main menu. Change the first boot-up device to "CD-ROM/DVD-ROM" .

3. Press "F10" to confirm the setup parameters.

4. When the recover screen appears, press "R" to start System Recovery.

5. Press "F" to start Full Recovery process.

6. Confirm the full recovery then press "Y" to continue.

+ FULL RECOVERY WILL PERMANENTLY ERASE ALL DATA ON THE HARD DISK DRIVE, CONFIRM BEFORE PROCEEDING.

7. The recovery system tool will start running.

8. While rebooting the system, press "H" (boot from Hard Disk) to continue the recovery process.

9. For the finish stage of the Recovery process, a CRC verification confirmation screen will be displayed. This step ensures all files in the Recovery CD are fully restored to your hard disk without loss.

To speak with an Everex Technical Support Representative call our 24-Hour response team at 1-866-850-8835 (toll-free)

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread