Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

tablet usb icon

This is a discussion on tablet usb icon within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a new RCA Viking 10 Pro tablet, with marshmallow 6. There is one 2.0 usb and one micro

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2017, 04:59 PM   #1
Registered Member

Cry

I have a new RCA Viking 10 Pro tablet, with marshmallow 6. There is one 2.0 usb and one micro usb. Neither are working. A thumb drive is not recognized, even tho I connected a micro to 2.0 connector cord. I don't know how to enable the usb.
The storage menu has no usb icon. The manufacturer's site has no info re this problem, and user manual is of no help.
My daughter (more of a techie than I am) thought it must be something with the OS.
Any help will be appreciated. Thanks.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-29-2017, 09:28 PM   #2
Microsoft MVP
Microsoft Team Moderator
Articles Team Manager
Hardware Team Moderator

Microsoft Most Valuable Professional

My System

Hi and Welcome to TSF!

Not all tablets have data transfer through their USB ports. RCA isn't a major tablet manufacturer, therefore, it would be more than likely that they didn't put it into their tablets.
Old 07-30-2017, 02:11 PM   #3
Registered Member

Thanks so much for the information.
Maybe I will have to return the RCA and choose a different brand.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Computer Issues Driving Me Up a Wall
Ello all, I'm having a bit of an issue with my computer. Anyway, I'm having an issue with my computer, and I can't seem to figure out what's wrong with it. What will happen is that I'll watch a video (either on Twitch.tv, YouTube, or even Amazon.com) on Google Chrome and everything will be...
DustinVlad Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 4 07-21-2015 03:05 PM
Trouble Getting ISO To Thumb Drive
Acer Aspire M1641 Vista Premium SP2 32 bit I have been trying to put Windows10_TechnicalPreview_x32_EN-US_9926.iso on a thumb drive, using the latest version of Rufus. I got an error message while using two perfectly good drives. After getting the error message when trying with a third drive,...
likekinds Removable Media Drives 79 02-19-2015 03:05 PM
USB drivers for Curtis Tablet LT7029 Android O.S. 2.3
I have a Curtis Tablet LT7029 Android O.S. 2.3 Where could I download Usb drivers suitable for my device so can use usb to connect tablet to Windows xp or Windows 7 computer so I can transfer files between tablet and p.c.. Thanks.
zhong Android OS 0 11-10-2011 12:33 PM