Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Sound Not Registrating

This is a discussion on Sound Not Registrating within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For over 3 days i have been trying to fix this issue as i am 1 hundred percent sure it

Closed Thread

Old 07-19-2018, 05:47 AM   #1
Registered Member

For over 3 days i have been trying to fix this issue as i am 1 hundred percent sure it is not my headset. No sound is reaching to me headset though in my volume mixer i can see the bar is going up for sound but my speakers sound bar will not budge.

Issue:
I have been using this headset for a very long time (3-4) years and only recently (3 days ago) it decided to not register sound. In my volume mixer i can see that my system is making sounds but my speaker will not play it.

What I have tried:
Reinstall/Update Realtec Drivers/Sound Drivers
Guarantee it is not a headset problem
Guarantee it is not the pc problem(I have tried with blue tooth earphones)
I have set the (Speaker) as Default

Specs/Equipment:
Realtec
Audio Endpoint??
Headset (Logitech G430 Surround Sound"corded")

I really don't know what other spec information is needed as i am "very" inexperienced with this side of technology though I have tried everything to the extent i know

If you need more information could you please detail "what" and "how" i get the information. I really hope this can be resolved as it is literally killing me from the inside.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 06:28 AM   #2
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petonix View Post
Guarantee it is not a headset problem
Guarantee it is not the pc problem(I have tried with blue tooth earphones)
One or both of them has to be the problem, unless you have a third piece of intermediate hardware between the PC and your headsets, say an amplifier, that you forgot to mention. You have had these headsets for 3-4 years. That is not a short period of time and it is not that hard to imagine it may have failed altogether. Anyway, let us not speculate, so you need to perform some tests to ascertain for sure that the headset is indeed working as it should, on another computer.

Testing using bluetooth earphones only proves that the earphones and your PC's bluetooth adapter are working. It doesn't prove that your PC's Realtek soundcard or audio ports are working as they should. Are you using the usb adapter to connect to the PC or are you connecting each jack into its designated port? Do you get sound when plugged into the front audio ports? Does the microphone register sound on the pc?
Old 07-19-2018, 06:34 AM   #3
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

If it has a 3.5mm jack, it's easier to just connect it to a mobile phone play some audio and confirm, in a lot of cases the headphones might look good, but internally might have failed..

Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 07-19-2018, 06:48 AM   #4
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
If it has a 3.5mm jack, it's easier to just connect it to a mobile phone play some audio and confirm, in a lot of cases the headphones might look good, but internally might have failed..
Thats how tested if the headset still works or not
Old 07-19-2018, 06:52 AM   #5
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stancestans View Post
Testing using bluetooth earphones only proves that the earphones and your PC's bluetooth adapter are working. It doesn't prove that your PC's Realtek soundcard or audio ports are working as they should. Are you using the usb adapter to connect to the PC or are you connecting each jack into its designated port? Do you get sound when plugged into the front audio ports? Does the microphone register sound on the pc?
Thank you for the reply
The microphone does register sound,I have plugged the audio jack in the right port(FRONT) and i am not using the usb adapter.
PC/Headset (Bad phrasing) sorry
I tested the microphone through the Input Settings (Test Your Microphone) and it also works in discord
Old 07-19-2018, 07:03 AM   #6
Windows Tech Team
Hardware Tech Team

What about the rear ? if you connect it to the audio port there..

Old 07-19-2018, 07:22 AM   #7
Registered Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by tristar View Post
What about the rear ? if you connect it to the audio port there..
I might be a bit dumb here but when u say rear do you mean audio jacks behind(tried) or usb
Old 07-19-2018, 07:32 AM   #8
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
I might be a bit dumb here but when u say rear do you mean audio jacks behind(tried) or usb
I believe tristar is referring to the audio jack ports at the back of the pc. For purposes of this thread, let's stick to analog connections first, that is, do not use the usb adapter for now, instead, connect the headset's 3.5mm jack pins to their respective ports on the pc. Since your pc registers sound from the microphone, let's focus on the headphones instead. Connect it to the back audio port and test if sound comes through. Likewise, connect to the front audio port and test. Let us know what the result is. While you're at it, open the Realtek sound control panel and check if it detects a device has been plugged into the audio ports.
Old 07-19-2018, 08:04 AM   #9
Registered Member

Thank you for all the help and attention to this problem but I have decided to go buy a USB adaptor and that has fixed it hopefully the adapter never breaks otherwise new problems will arise.
Stancestans
tristar
:]
Old 07-19-2018, 08:41 AM   #10
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Thank you for all the help and attention to this problem but I have decided to go buy a USB adaptor and that has fixed it hopefully the adapter never breaks otherwise new problems will arise.
Stancestans
tristar
:]
That was fast. Anyway, it's good to know it is alright now. Kindly mark this thread as solved.
Old 08-27-2018, 05:22 AM   #11
Registered Member

And I found a similar playback error in the console.
How to fix?
Old 08-27-2018, 05:28 AM   #12
Moderator TSF
Hardware Team Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by liljackie View Post
And I found a similar playback error in the console.
How to fix?
Kindly start your own thread in a relevant subforum and describe the problem you have in detail. Hijacking other people's thread is impolite.
Closed Thread