Tech Support Forum banner
Status
Not open for further replies.

[SOLVED] PC BSD on Aspire 3810T

3K views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  wmorri 
#1 ·
I've got an Aspire 3810T with the Su94000 processor, Intel GMA 4500MHD Gfx, 4gb ram, and the 80GB SSD

Problem goes as follows: I mounted PC BSD's latest build to a USB drive and installed it through their graphical installer and followed through with the reboot as is normal; however upon reboot my computer hangs up on the post screen displaying the Acer logo and saying "Press F2 to enter setup". However, pressing F2 doesn't do anything at all and all I'm left with as of that point is to power it off.

Does anyone have any ideas as to what's going on?

#5 ·
Re: PC BSD on Aspire 3810T

No need now, I recently made contact with Acer and since I'm still under warranty they agreed to take it back for repair. Nothing was on the HDD as far as I could want, so it's become their manufacturing issue.

After a little more research it seems that this wouldn't be the first time that this sort of problem has happened. People have reported the Intel SSD dying on them within 14-15 months of purchase. However, once I get my computer back from them, I do plan on attempting the BSD install again, so if I do encounter any more issues, I'll be sure to bring it back up.

Status
Not open for further replies.
You have insufficient privileges to reply here.