Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

[SOLVED] Monitor Has Gone Dark

This is a discussion on [SOLVED] Monitor Has Gone Dark within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I did a search for topic, no results : My monitor with HP Pavilion All-in-One PC has gone dark. Not

Closed Thread

Old 01-07-2012, 09:33 AM   #1
Registered Member

I did a search for topic, no results : My monitor with HP Pavilion All-in-One PC has gone dark. Not black. I can navigate but can barely see. I increased the brightness, but it didn't help. Much searching revealed a reference to "a backlight problem". Couldn't find anything else. Not sure how I'd fix that, but willing to try. Would appreciate any input, suggestions.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-10-2012, 11:46 PM   #2
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Hi,

What is the make and model of your PC, also what is OS that is on the computer?

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Old 01-12-2012, 02:20 PM   #3
Registered Member

Hi wmorri. I kept poking around, trying to find a fix, and finally did. I right clicked on the desktop > Personalize > Display > Brightness > then selected Balanced (Recommended). Instant brightness. I'm sure glad it wasn't a backlight or inverter problem. Thanks for your response. Hope this helps someone else.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 01-12-2012, 09:01 PM   #4
Manager
- Alternative Computing
- Design

My System

Send a message via AIM to wmorri Send a message via MSN to wmorri

Glad to hear you fixed it. If you would mark your thread solved at the top when you are all set that would be great!

Linux Forever!|html5 boilerplate
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Dell Inspiron 1520: Very Dark Screen Problems
A few weeks ago I started my laptop and stumbled upon a really dark screen although when I flashed a really bright light I was able to see what was going on but barely. When I would hook it up an external monitor, everything would function just as normal as if there was nothing wrong with the...
Ryuzaki786 Laptop Support 4 12-24-2011 05:34 PM
The dark colors/backgrounds on my screen are pitch black!
Hello. I turned on my PC this morning, and noticed that the dark backgrounds of websites or Steam or the dark bits in my desktop wallpaper, are extremely dark, they're pitch black! I have the brightness and contrast turned all the way up, i fiddled with the settings of the monitor and the...
MetallicIL Other Hardware Support 1 07-15-2011 05:12 PM
2000 s10 dash lights obd2 wont work unless it's dark
hi well here we go ...2000 s10 2.2L my dash doesn't work at all tach, speed, fuel lvl, radio, OBD II link ect unless it's dark enough outside for the light sensor to turn on my light, and it wont turn them on unless i turn them on manualy, can't turn on light at all unless it's dark out and...
bourquejason Automotive Support 5 04-07-2011 07:44 PM
Dark images going darker
Hello :) I was just wondering if this is a fixable problem or just something wrong with my moniter. When there is a dark image across the screen, for example a video that is playing a night scene, or a dark underground cave in a video game, my screen tints in and out. To try and describe it...
Padders Other Hardware Support 2 03-15-2011 11:30 PM
The screen of Presario v2000 goes dark even after changing inverter.
My laptop is HP Presario V2000. I ordered a new inverter below from ebay to repair dark screen. (Inverter for HP Compaq Presario M2000 M2100 M2200 V2000) and I replaced the poor inverter with new one. After replacing it, my screen seemed to return to normal. but, my screen goes...
doxa31 Laptop Support 4 02-04-2011 07:39 PM