Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Solaris 10 raidctl raid 1 Vol Inactive

This is a discussion on Solaris 10 raidctl raid 1 Vol Inactive within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hey I am not sure if this is where to post this but I cannot find the answer anywhere. I

Closed Thread

Old 10-31-2016, 02:15 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hey I am not sure if this is where to post this but I cannot find the answer anywhere.

I have a SparcT5240 with four drives which make two raid 1 environments. One of my drives failed and I replaced it as I have done in the past but the raid did not rebuild. I found out the replacement drive was also bad. I now have another drive that is fine but the raid will not rebuild.

Raid environment looks like this currently.

Controller: 1
Volume:c1t0d0
Volume:c1t2d0

bash-3.2# raidctl -l c1t0d0
Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID
Sub Size Level
Disk
----------------------------------------------------------------
c1t0d0 136.6G N/A OPTIMAL OFF RAID1
0.0.0 136.6G GOOD
0.1.0 136.6G GOOD

&
bash-3.2# raidctl -l c1t2d0
Volume Size Stripe Status Cache RAID
Sub Size Level
Disk
----------------------------------------------------------------
c1t2d0 0.904 0K INACTIVE OFF N/A

I cannot get c1t2d0 to become active even though the machine can see the new drive. Any help would be appreciated.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Data Recovery after RAID 5 Failure -Advanced RAID Server Data Recovery
RAID 5 is one of the implementations of RAID used primarily. This array provides data striping at the byte level with parity distributed or interlayer. Due to the availability of error-correcting bandwidth, RAID 5 is a high performance, fault-tolerant system. However, a RAID 5 array can be...
MoNnY Hard Drive Support 0 03-02-2011 02:03 AM
Raid 5 Data Recovery What To Do When Raid Fails
If you're a big corporate house, you must know about Raid 5 data recovery because RAID is a kind of storage commonly seen in corporate high end computers. Redundant Array of Independent Disks (RAID) is a technology that allows multiple disks to divide and replicate data, thus, perform ...
MoNnY Hard Drive Support 0 03-02-2011 01:36 AM
Creating RAID 0 with SAS hard drives(help!)
I will be installing four SAS type hard drives (Serial Attached SCSI hard drives)into a desktop PC and I will be creating a RAID 0 array. But because they're SAS type hard drives, I will need to use a RAID controller card which I have purchased also since there isn't any motherboard that I know of...
BillyGman Hard Drive Support 3 01-10-2011 11:49 PM