Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Setting up a server

This is a discussion on Setting up a server within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I have a server that I found in a tech dump at my school, and have been trying to change

Closed Thread

Old 05-21-2016, 09:36 PM   #1
Registered Member

I have a server that I found in a tech dump at my school, and have been trying to change the OS. It is the Omneon MediaDirector 2101 which has no USB ports. There are IEEE 1394 ports however. Would it be possible to load a new OS through these as you would with a bootable usb on a pc?
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 05-22-2016, 01:26 AM   #2
Hardware Team
Games Team

My System

This hardware has no physical storage space. The Operating System for this hardware is stored on internal ROM or EPROM (for updates) and its current OS has been designed to work this its hardware only. Its not in essence a server but more of a controller.

What you have is a Server Controller thats part of a larger setup.
It uses the IEEE 1394 ports to connect and manage the MediaStore which is a large array of HDDs. Thought the various ports it can utilize Software RAID to stack mulitple MediaStore devices.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
BSOD 0x1A running Viber 3.1.1.60 on W7x64
Hello. I've installed Viber for Windows onto my stable system. Now I'm getting occasionally a BSOD 0x1A during first running hour. Now I killed the Viber app after Windows start and work ok for 3 hours. The Viber log.log file says: Product version 3.0.0.133634 The viber.exe file version is...
pieceofbrain BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 2 09-28-2013 08:43 AM
Setting up VPN on Windows Server 2003
Hi everybody. It's been awhile since I made use of your forums but I need your help once again. Im glad I have TSF to fall back on, you guys are great :hug: Now, my boss has asked for my help on enabling remote access to the files on the office LAN, so I thought I'd look into setting up a VPN...
Stabe Networking Support 0 11-05-2011 07:23 PM
Antivirus programs and Windows updates blocked
Hello to the Forum. I have got this problem: it is impossible to update antivirus programs and windows. Regarding the latter, I can't perform windows update neither from the start menu (error code 80072EFE) neither from internet (can't connect to windows update page). Other than this I can't...
beppe1968 Resolved HJT Threads 25 10-06-2011 02:24 AM
Access to Internet lost
Hi guys, I'm working on a home network where quite regularly the internet connection drops and requires the router to be restarted. I know this is something that can happen from time to time but this is happening every few days. For this reason we swapped the modem/router for a new one to see if...
PaoloPanella Modems/Cable/DSL/Satellite 9 03-11-2011 05:55 AM