Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

setting network IP on centos 6.3

This is a discussion on setting network IP on centos 6.3 within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. just installed new centos 6.3 on new machine. there is no graphical interface (GUI) but a srange prompt: [[email protected]~]# i

Closed Thread

Old 07-29-2012, 04:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

just installed new centos 6.3 on new machine. there is no graphical interface (GUI) but a srange prompt: [[email protected]~]#
i tried the command "startx" but is not recognized.
i am looking to set the IP address so i can place the machine on the network.
is anybody know how to do it?
DD
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] Wireless connection issue.
As the title states, I'm having a bit of trouble trying to connect to a wireless internet source as my netbook (Specifically the Dell Inspiron Mini 10 model) consistantly specifies that no networks can be detected within the vicinity of it's wireless range when of course there are, to my own...
ElliotTheDuck Networking Support 24 08-27-2012 08:47 AM
Rootkit Zero Access Trojan / Virus
System Dell Duo inspiron 1090 Windows 7 Home Premium Machine has been infected by above mentioned virus this was deduced by running task manager and the top process read something 778686798.123456.exe then browsing google to see what I could find it couldn't be stopped and it has disabled all virus...
bigfoot57 Resolved HJT Threads 78 11-30-2011 02:31 PM
Setting Up a Wireless Network in My University... HELP!!
Hi, I'm trying to set up a wireless network throughout my university hall and I would like to know the easiest way to go about it. Our ISP allows us a standard speed of 10mbps and requires us to authenticate with our user name and password. I have just bought a Wireless Router and have been...
Calday10 Protocols and Routing 1 10-19-2011 12:40 PM
[SOLVED] Command line problem
Hi, I wanted to be able to induce the screensaver on my monitor when I was finished working. So, I followed the instructions on this link: How can I turn off the monitor (i.e., "put it to - Microsoft Answers EXCEPT that the second part of the instruction doesn't work i.e. the monitor...
priapus Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 50 06-18-2011 10:17 AM