User Tag List

PSOD on esxi

This is a discussion on PSOD on esxi within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi all, I am new to vmware esxi and after a recent power outage the following PSOD screen is what

Closed Thread

Old 04-19-2013, 12:07 PM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Win8.1 Pro, Win7 Pro SP1, Ubuntu 10.04 LTS & 12.04 LTS, XP SP3, Mac OS X Lion 10.7.2

Hi all,

I am new to vmware esxi and after a recent power outage the following PSOD screen is what comes up every time I start up.

See attachment.

I tried shift+r and there is no other hypervisor to roll back to. I tried shift+0 and I do not know what options to add to the boot up. I have searched and see I should run a file system check, but I'm not sure what command to use and I tried some linux commands, but they failed. I am also unsure what filesystem esxi runs on top of (VMFS? )

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
JeKyL
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130418_165554.jpg
Views:	223
Size:	245.1 KB
ID:	124426  
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 04-19-2013, 01:52 PM   #2
TSF Enthusiast

If you haven't gone through this article it's a good place to start:
VMware KB: Interpreting an ESX/ESXi host purple diagnostic screen

TSF does not support assistance through email or private messages, please keep all questions in the open forum.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Kernel Panic - PLEASE HELP! VMWare ESXi 4.1 Update 1
Hi everyone, I got myself into a predicament whilst trying to delete a snapshot (only one running on that VM) belonging to a VM on an ESXi 4.1 Update 1. here's the scenario 1. Ran backup copy of VM in question 2. Shut down VM in order to take snapshot 3. Snapshot Manager didn't execute...
KataR Networking Support 0 12-16-2011 02:34 AM
BW Limit on ESXi 4.1
Hi, Ive done some searching for a while now and have found no definitive answer, I would like to know is there a way to limit the bandwidth on individual VMs using VMWare ESXi? I know I can set the limit on speed within the host but cant find the amount of data. Basically my host is...
ameharhughes Other Operating systems 0 09-25-2011 07:22 AM
VMWare ESXI 4.1
Hi, I have VMware setup on 192.168.1.x (gateway 192.168.1.x) but I want to use a secondary subnet for a VM on the server that will have an IP of 192.168.0.x. Now on my sonicwall I have setup an ARP for the gateway for 192.168.0.x and setup a route and everything seems to work. So ...
ultragrain Networking Support 0 06-23-2011 05:59 AM
Problems installing ESXi 4 on Acer m464 - Failed to load lvmdriver
Hi, I have a spare Acer m464 that I am trying to install ESXi 4 on to use for testing purposes. During the installation process the message "Failed to load lvmdriver" is displayed on the screen. I have read in previous discussionson the VMWare ESX forum that this often means that the NIC driver...
Workbench2.4 Other Operating systems 2 03-16-2011 08:38 AM