Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

OpenBSD: Java Command not found

This is a discussion on OpenBSD: Java Command not found within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hello I am having trouble getting java to work on OpenBSD. First I installed the jdk and jre Code: pkg_add

Closed Thread

Old 08-26-2012, 05:30 AM   #1
Registered Member

OS: Windows 7 Ubuntu 12.04 Backtrack 5 R2 OpenBSD 5.1 PC-BSD 9

Hello I am having trouble getting java to work on OpenBSD.

First I installed the jdk and jre
Code:
pkg_add jdk

pkg_add jre
Then I did
Code:
java -version
and I got the message ksh: java not found. The weird thing is that netbeans works just fine and Im pretty sure that its in java. So it might just be the commands that arn't working? Does anyone know how I could fix this? Thank for reading my post! - Crookedmaze

Also in netbeans I was able to make a Hello world application in java so I know the java jdk is in fact working.....
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-26-2012, 02:12 PM   #2
Registered Member

help please!
Old 09-08-2012, 06:28 PM   #3
Registered Member

I figured it out instead of java -version you have to do /usr/local/jdk-1.7.0/bin/java -version
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 01:10 PM   #4
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 17.3 (KDE 4.14), Debian 8, Arch. Languages: Python3, Javascript, CSS3, HTML, Bash

My System

PATHS are different in BSD than linux

The location may be shown with "which" command

e.g.

[[email protected] ~]# which java
/usr/bin/java

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] audio playing ads/trojan horse virus
i recently noticed that my sister's laptop have been slowing down so i did some scans with malwarebytes and got around 200 results i deleted them all and then then the most annoying problem that occurred was the ads that started playing in the audio. No browsers are running and these ads cannot...
rayboy Resolved HJT Threads 40 07-30-2012 07:47 PM
Windows XP PC unable to access internet or copy files
Hi - I have a Dell slimline PC running Windows XP that is slowly losing all functionality. I cannot load IE, Chrome has a message ERR 138 (Access Denied). I am unable to copy files from a USB stick and cannot remove certain programs (er McAfee) using the Add / Remove program utility. :facepalm: ...
NDWales Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 54 07-15-2012 03:19 PM
Virus and Trojan problems on my computer
I have been having problems with my computer today. I have run Spybot S&D many times and everytime I run it, it comes up with a malware known as "SmithFraud-C.Generic." It tells me to fix the problem and I do. I run the S&D again to double check and the problem is back. Also, I have run...
MAVSFAN82 Resolved HJT Threads 50 12-30-2011 12:53 PM
having trouble installing java on my linux OS
The linux OS i am using is ubuntu 9.10 linux OS. I type three commands in sequential order recommended to me to install java: sudo add-apt-repository ppa:ferramroberto/java sudo apt-get update sudo apt-get install sun-java6-jre sun-java6-plugin here is the output that results when I...
Pentazoid Linux Support 3 12-12-2011 07:58 PM
HJT log+strange google search results
Hello, Today my google search started to act up and only displays ad results. Could someone please help me resolve the problem? Here is my report: Logfile of Trend Micro HijackThis v2.0.2 Scan saved at 4:37:05 PM, on 11/8/2008 Platform: Windows XP SP3 (WinNT 5.01.2600) MSIE: Internet...
Kitzhof Resolved HJT Threads 21 11-16-2008 07:41 PM