Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

No Operating system found

This is a discussion on No Operating system found within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. For the past 3 weeks or so my cpu(laptop) has been unresponsive at first it will start but i would

Closed Thread

Old 09-28-2012, 05:38 PM   #1
Registered Member

For the past 3 weeks or so my cpu(laptop) has been unresponsive at first it will start but i would not be able to do anything on it, so i tried to use it in safe mode and see what the problem was. After about 2 weeks of trying my cpu wouldnt even allow me to get to the screen that says start normally or in safe mode and would just go tot a black screen that says Operating system not found. i tried to do a system restore and it froze after loading for a day at 75%.

today i did a VAIO Hardware Diagnostics and the results were as follows:

CPU 1-10+ ok
+ no errors detected

=Hard disK test Start=

Linear seek test = failed

=errors were detected
=errors were detected on this VAIO

Im stuck and i dont know what to do.

I even went into the BIOS and did the factory default but nothing is working. what can i do now

Sony VAIO VPCEE42FX

PCG-61611L

the cpu is less than 2yrs old and it did not come with a recovery disk.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-04-2012, 01:19 PM   #2
Alternative Computing

OS: Linux Mint 17.3 (KDE 4.14), Debian 8, Arch. Languages: Python3, Javascript, CSS3, HTML, Bash

My System

Looks like the hard drive has failed.
Do you have any warrantry?

You could try and boot with a live linux CD, should work with mac hardware as well
and wont touch your hard drive.

Open a terminal and type

dmesg | grep hd

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Bad image help needed
Hello I have a problem with a "bad image" message popping up everytime I open a programme. The message "The application or DLL C:\Progra~1\Search~\Datamngr\IEHBO.dll is not a valid windows image. Please check this against you application diskette." appears roughly 20 times when I boot up the...
raquelhullero Virus/Trojan/Spyware Help 30 10-31-2012 04:21 PM
[SOLVED] BSOD when accessing internet
Hi, OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? : Vista SP 2 x86 (32-bit) or x64 : 32-bit What was original installed OS on system? :Vista Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? : Full retail Age of system (hardware): 3-4 years ...
eraonel BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 11 02-01-2012 12:41 PM
Bsod problems--vista
OS - Vista/ Windows 7 ? Vista x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 32-bit What was original installed OS on system? Vista Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? OEM Age of system (hardware) 1-2 Years? Age of OS installation...
a7xcoreya7z BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 05-23-2011 06:11 PM
Games causing BSOD! Windows 7 x64 - 0x124 [moved from BSOD, Crashes]
Windows 7 64bit full retail reinstalled once NVIDIA GeForce 9600 GT ASUS M4A89GTD PRO/USB3 Mobo AMD Phenom(tm) II X4 B45 Processor (4 CPUs), ~3.1GHz 4 Gigs RAM
jediewok Motherboards, Bios & CPU 7 03-22-2011 02:45 PM