Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Need information on WIN CE 4.1

This is a discussion on Need information on WIN CE 4.1 within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi- Our county uses direct recording electronic voting without any paper trail for verification of the ballot. The system is

Closed Thread

Old 11-05-2014, 11:00 PM   #1
Registered Member

Hi- Our county uses direct recording electronic voting without any paper trail for verification of the ballot. The system is Diebold Accuvote TSX with GEMS software. We have had many problematic elections. I am a private citizen who has been trying to monitor election activities since I discovered over 5000 voters received erroneous ballots in 2012. That was a programming error. I recently discovered that our machines have never been updated since their purchase in January 2006. The OS is WIN CE 4.1 & not one MS update or patch has been applied. In addition the overlying GEMS software has likewise never been updated despite problems found and fixed in other states. I am trying to fiure out if any of this is meaningful in terms of our elections. Our election commission disregards my concerns as trivial and I get no help from their vendor.
I have tried to contact Microsoft Tech support to find out what changes have been recommended for this OS but can't get past the "hand over your wallet" screen. Does anyone know what the effect would be of not applying any patched or updates to this OS for the last 8+ years?
Thank you
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] BSOD 0x8E Possibly driver?
OS -Windows 7 ˇ x86 (32-bit) ˇ What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7 32bit. ˇ Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail. ˇ Age of system (hardware) Around 4 years. ˇ Age of OS installation - have you...
Kshksh BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 27 09-25-2013 04:25 PM
BSOD problem by tcpip.sys file on laptop
I have had up to 10 BSOD on my laptop, most of them for tcpip.sys file, 'usually' happens when browsing on the net by firefox browser. My system is: hp laptop core i5 4Gb of RAM Win7-Home premium-64bit Intel HD graphic card Can anyone help me?!
amirt3 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 11 04-27-2013 10:09 AM
0x0109 BSOD: Need help
My system suffers from BSOD that happens randomly. Here I've attached the zip file of my info as instructed. Also my PERFMON doesn't want to generate he HTML file (some time out error) so I didn't include in attachment. The BSOD description mostly is: Modification of system code or a critical...
Ran_TH BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 1 03-13-2013 11:03 AM
no audio after installing XP Pro SP3 to IBM T60
Sound worked fine before installing XP Pro SP3......after instal, no audio. No audio after installing XP Pro SP3 (from disc) on an IBM/Lenovo T60 ThinkPad. IBM/Lenovo drivers from Lenovo Support site for "Audio Device on High Definition Audio Bus" are not recognized when trying to install...
Ray G Windows XP Support 19 11-20-2012 07:15 AM
Win 7 or MSE wont update. Possible Virus. Please Help.
I have a Windows 7 Ultimate 64-Bit machine running. Just recently MSE stopped updating. It says Connection Failed. Also around the same time I notice Windows Update doesn't update either. Every night when I go to shut down however, there are 3 updates that it tries to do. Eventually it times out...
sediaz Resolved HJT Threads 28 08-17-2012 03:35 PM