Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

MMap in ESXi 6.0

This is a discussion on MMap in ESXi 6.0 within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. Hi All, We are porting one of our Linux driver to ESXi6.0. Our Linux driver supports VMA structure is used

Closed Thread

Old 07-22-2015, 03:46 AM   #1
Registered Member

Hi All,

We are porting one of our Linux driver to ESXi6.0. Our Linux driver supports VMA structure is used to map device memory into its address space
through the user space level.But we are facing some issues while porting Linux driver to ESXi6.0.
VMware doesn’t support struct vm_area_struct.Can you please suggest alternate way to create mmap objects in ESX (vm_area_structure)?

Regards,
Rakesh
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 08-16-2015, 04:51 PM   #2
Team Manager
Microsoft Support

OS: Windows10. In the past CP/M, DOS, Windows 95, 2000, 98SE, ME, Vista & Windows 7

My System

X posting doesn't help you get results since most techs are on top of this:

Excelguru Help Site - A message to forum cross posters

The stability of an OS is in direct proportion to the stability of the user.
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
VMware ESXi 6 Not Assigning NIC
I have a box running ESXi 6 with dual NICs. When I installed ESXi I had to manually roll the Net-51 drivers into the installation media. This allowed ESXi to recognize my Realtek RTL8111/8168 NIC that's built-in to the mobo. I was able to install and the system is running fine off the 8168...
Delta_X7 Cabling and Network Cards 0 05-06-2015 01:54 PM
Internet access to VMs via Vsphere ESXI 6
hi.. I installed Vsphere 6.0 on a VM workstation 11 and on booting it gave me an IP address (static) - 192.168.254.XX and i used the same address to log into the Vsphere Client. In Vsphere Client, I created 01 VM. My ESXI machine in workstation is connected to physical NIC (Bridges...
ravishchugh Networking Support 4 04-18-2015 11:38 AM
[SOLVED] ESXi Install
I'm having an issue getting ESXi installed on a custom build. I'm running into an error that no network adapters were detected. This is ESXi 5.5. I have an onboard NIC that isn't in use, and I have installed 2 Trendnet TEG-PCITXR PCI 10/100/1000 ethernet cards for use for the VMs. I've read through...
nhammen09 Cabling and Network Cards 2 08-23-2014 09:22 AM
Parsons address book 6.0 works with 64 bit Windows
Hello all, Several of you on this forum have started threads asking how to get Address Book 6.0 working on their 64 bit Windows systems. I have finally found a solution, and it doesn't take 7.0 Open the 6.0 disc, but don't use auto setup. Go to the 6.0 files and open them. You will find both 16...
LewBob Windows 7 , Windows Vista Support 1 06-08-2012 02:39 PM