User Tag List

Mini Project

This is a discussion on Mini Project within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. BACKUP Using Rsync (remote synchronisation) and SSH (secure shell) programs investigate procedures used for automating backups of a server to

Closed Thread

Old 02-06-2015, 07:49 AM   #1
Registered Member

BACKUP Using Rsync (remote synchronisation) and SSH (secure shell) programs investigate procedures used for automating backups of a server to a remote machine You must use minimum bandwidth by only backing up changes after an initial full backup is taken. Investigate procedures for making sure that the data being transferred between machines is suitably encrypted. Write a userguide describing the setup of all programs.

I need assistance with this project.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 09:57 AM   #2
TSF Team, Emeritus

Is this school work? . . have you read our rules?

Old 02-06-2015, 10:33 AM   #3
Registered Member

It is a personal project i am working on.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 02-06-2015, 11:18 AM   #4
Administrator
TSF Manager

OS: WinXP Pro SP3, Vista Home Premium SP2, Windows 10 Home x64

I'm seeing Birmingham City University as your location. The best our volunteers can do is point you towards reference material and answer questions in regard to areas you are having trouble understanding. We cannot do the work for you.
Old 02-08-2015, 05:54 AM   #5
Registered Member

Can you point me towards some reference materials regarding rsync regarding a windows operating system. so far all my research is pointing rsync towards the linux operating system but i need information based on rsync on windows.
Closed Thread