Go Back   Tech Support Forum > Alternative Computing > Other Operating systems

User Tag List

Loading gnewsense operating system

This is a discussion on Loading gnewsense operating system within the Other Operating systems forums, part of the Tech Support Forum category. I downloaded the gnewsense operating system. I have a .iso file on my other laptop. I want to install it

Closed Thread

Old 09-11-2014, 01:21 PM   #1
Registered Member

I downloaded the gnewsense operating system. I have a .iso file on my other laptop. I want to install it on my Averatec 1550H. I think I need to copy the ISO (as a .iso) file to a DVD, tell the Averatec to boot from CD/DVD first.

Am I correct?

Thank you
Misha
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 09-16-2014, 02:03 AM   #2
Moderator Hardware Team

My System

Hi Misha,

Simply copying the ISO to disc will mean the DVD won't be bootable because the files contained within the ISO won't be visible to the computer.

Instead, you just need to burn the ISO to DVD using Free ISO Burner, then change the boot order on the Averatec.

Disable Social Media Buttons: adblockplus.org/en/features#socialmedia
Closed Thread

Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
[SOLVED] BSOD almost every night
I built this box in December and installed W8 on it. IT's fast and never gave me a problem until about 4 weeks ago. Suddenly, almost every night, it crashes and I wake up and see the system is off. I've tired WhoCrashed and got mostly "This was probably caused by the following module: cmudaxp.sys...
pcostanza BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 38 05-20-2013 07:27 PM
BSOD 0x0000007e PLZ HELP ME :(
Hey guys, I'm new to this forum hoping you could help me out with my BSOD problem. Here's the problem : The Bsod occured a few months ago and i've been running in safe mode ever since ( Witch is possible without any problems ). If i try and start it in normal mode, it gives me a system...
Rowbance BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 13 01-09-2013 07:35 PM
Multiple bsods all related to different drivers help!(zip attached)....
Alright this has been bugging me for a long time, I keep getting bsods on a self built machine, everytime I seem to have beaten one another pops up I just dont know what to do, ive tried updating, replacing drivers, replacing the memory everything im at my wits end can you take a look at my zip...
thatcrazypengui BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 5 09-01-2011 09:51 PM
Video and Sound lag in full screen videos + 0x116 BSODs
Hello guys... So I have recently formatted my computer and whenever I play a video on fullscreen, the video will lag a lot and the sound will be buggy and cracky.... Also, for example, I am playing Assassin's Creed II at the moment and this also happens in the cut scenes... This has all happened...
rudy_eila BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 28 09-01-2011 02:49 AM
Blue Screen [moved from Vista/7]
I don't know much about the pain in the bum Blue Screen but i have it. I was told to get the info from the Blue screen when it came up. Here it is - 0x00000077 (0xc000009d, 0xc000009d, 0x00000000, 0x289f4000) I just don't know where i got go from here lol. Can anyone help? Please :P
Death Keeper 34 BSOD, App Crashes And Hangs 4 02-02-2011 07:44 AM